Handling a primary one

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Handling a primary one

Postby Snowy15 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:30 am

Hi all,

I am trying to find ways to manage my primary one son as he seems to be rather stress with the school life? any advise on this?

Many thanks :?:

Snowy15
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Handling a primary one

Postby jedamum » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:30 am

Snowy15 wrote:Hi all,

I am trying to find ways to manage my primary one son as he seems to be rather stress with the school life? any advise on this?

Many thanks :?:

stress as in academic stress or friendship issues? or scare of teachers?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Snowy15 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 am

Hello,

He was at first stressed with friendship at the start but been able to overcome.

However, the stress in academic or the fear of teachers (especially this) worsen even though after half a year had gone....

:?:

Thanks

Snowy15
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:46 am

some good tips here.
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... ouragement

high expectations of oneself and lack of self confidence may be some issues that you may need to deal with; maybe there is a significant event that trigger his fear of a particular teacher. encourage him to tell you stuff about sch on a daily basis.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Handling a primary one

Postby Snowy15 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks for the good tips as below.

Guess not all kids are the same character, my older child was a little better to manage and thus this younger child pose a challenge to me..

also, how should i work with teachers on these, had spoken to teacher about losing stationery/file in school and at first afraid it may be some unusual thing as pre-school was alright.

teacher told my child not to tell me much as the teacher commented my feedback call to them is complain but i told teacher that i am trying to express my concern about their transition....?? :stupid: of me

thanks

Snowy15
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby RRMummy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:23 am

Snowy15 wrote:teacher told my child not to tell me much

:!: :!: :!:

I would call up the teacher again to clarify and if can't work I will talk to principle.

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Handling a primary one

Postby Snowy15 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks, this thought did come to my mind at first, but was even of afraid that the teacher will bias against the kid but i am monitoring the situation and if things fall out, i guess i will call the teacher again

other than that, any other recommendations for me? :idea:

thanks

Snowy15
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jedamum » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Snowy15 wrote:also, how should i work with teachers on these, had spoken to teacher about losing stationery/file in school and at first afraid it may be some unusual thing as pre-school was alright.

teacher told my child not to tell me much as the teacher commented my feedback call to them is complain but i told teacher that i am trying to express my concern about their transition....?? :stupid: of me

thanks

i guess for lost items, we can only inculcate sense of responsibilities at home - there are some discussion here - http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 256&start=

for the few times that ds1 lost his books, i wrote it in the diary and told him to pass to his teacher to read if i need the teacher to help us search if she had left it out in the staffroom. i don't usually call.

teacher told your kid not to tell you much? then tell your kid not to tell the teacher that he told you anything....:wink: in times like these, i will reassure my son that he has nothing to fear if he has not done anything wrong.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Handling a primary one

Postby Snowy15 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Thanks for your great advice.

All these post forums are indeed very practical and fruitful and will only to pick up some of those.

Cheers :celebrate:

Snowy15
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tankee » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Have you consider the remote possibility of he being "teased" in school since among other things, loosing files & stationaries?

tankee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Working With Your Child