Is there any way to improve memory?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Is there any way to improve memory?

Postby kitty2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 pm

My friend's son has problem remembering what he has learnt,his weakest subject is Maths.My friend could teach him and he said he could understand but 5 mins later,she asked him the same question but he could not remember :x .

Anyone has the same problem?Is there any way to improve his memory or any food to improve memory?

Thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby OngMum » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi kitty2, there's a trainer by the name of Nishant Kasibhatla. He is the grand master of memory and world record holder. Nishant conducts training in areas such as peak mental performance, memory improvement and etc to schools, companies or individual. I came to know him thru the Education Summit and he was one of the speakers.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

OngMum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Pen88n » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Kitty, is this only for Maths or is it happening to other subjects as well? If it is happening to other subjects and the boy is continuously unable to remember facts that he has learnt, then it can be a memory problem. If it is only Maths and he can't remember even after he said he understood, the likelihood is he has not fully understood. I think need to analyse before jumping to conclusion that it is bad memory.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:26 am

OngMum wrote:Hi kitty2, there's a trainer by the name of Nishant Kasibhatla. He is the grand master of memory and world record holder. Nishant conducts training in areas such as peak mental performance, memory improvement and etc to schools, companies or individual. I came to know him thru the Education Summit and he was one of the speakers.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing.May i know where to find this trainer?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:27 am

Pen88n wrote:Kitty, is this only for Maths or is it happening to other subjects as well? If it is happening to other subjects and the boy is continuously unable to remember facts that he has learnt, then it can be a memory problem. If it is only Maths and he can't remember even after he said he understood, the likelihood is he has not fully understood. I think need to analyse before jumping to conclusion that it is bad memory.

Maths is his weakest subject so he can't really master it well,for other subjects,he's still fine.

Thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Brenda10 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:59 am

kitty2 wrote:
OngMum wrote:Hi kitty2, there's a trainer by the name of Nishant Kasibhatla. He is the grand master of memory and world record holder. Nishant conducts training in areas such as peak mental performance, memory improvement and etc to schools, companies or individual. I came to know him thru the Education Summit and he was one of the speakers.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Hi,

Hi Kitty2

You may refer this link:
http://memoryvision.com.sg

We attended his talk during the book fair in Suntec last year. I still remembered he ask the audience to pick 20 numbers and demonstrate how he can memories and recall the number in the vice versa sequence.

Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:36 am

Brenda10 wrote:
kitty2 wrote:

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Hi,

Hi Kitty2

You may refer this link:
http://memoryvision.com.sg

We attended his talk during the book fair in Suntec last year. I still remembered he ask the audience to pick 20 numbers and demonstrate how he can memories and recall the number in the vice versa sequence.

Thanks for sharing.Do you mind sharing his technique of memorising the numbers?Wonder is his charges ex?

Thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Brenda10 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:01 am

kitty2 wrote:Thanks for sharing.Do you mind sharing his technique of memorising the numbers?Wonder is his charges ex?

Thanks

I can’t remember how he memorized the number but I can remember how he memorizes the 20 words like moon, garden, car, book etc. He created a word train and on the spot some of the children including dd can also immediate pick up and recall the words in the vice versa sequence.

They gave the brochure for 2 days workshop which was catered for P5 up to Secondary school level. It costs about $700++ but some discount (not sure isn't one for one?) would be given when we registered with two people. At that time dd was only P4 therefore I just bought the book and 2 CD.

Hope the above information useful.

Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:37 am

Brenda10 wrote:
kitty2 wrote:Thanks for sharing.Do you mind sharing his technique of memorising the numbers?Wonder is his charges ex?

Thanks

I can’t remember how he memorized the number but I can remember how he memorizes the 20 words like moon, garden, car, book etc. He created a word train and on the spot some of the children including dd can also immediate pick up and recall the words in the vice versa sequence.

They gave the brochure for 2 days workshop which was catered for P5 up to Secondary school level. It costs about $700++ but some discount (not sure isn't one for one?) would be given when we registered with two people. At that time dd was only P4 therefore I just bought the book and 2 CD.

Hope the above information useful.

Thank you Brenda 10 for sharing.Wow!!!the fee is steep!!!May i know is the book good?

Thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Tutormummy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Don't waste your time and money on sending your kids on an "Improving your memory" course. They will teach you specific techniques to improve your memory, but the real challenge is how can the kid apply the memory techniques back to the school work, its not an easy process.

Personally I've spent alot of money going for these memory courses, hoping to train my students, but realised that its hopeless. Later to my astonishment, I found out that I can find all these memory techniques from books in the library.

I realised that the best "memory technique" is to understand, especially the maths topics. We need to train the kid how to "think and understand" when they see certain questions, memory doesn't work in maths.

Tutormummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Working With Your Child