Do you cane your daughters when they misbehave?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Do you cane your daughters when they misbehave?

Postby janice75 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:52 am

if yes, how do you conduct the canings?

janice75
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:54 pm

how old?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ttlkbs » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:12 pm

i caned my DD (P1) when she lied to me the 3rd time after giving her 2 warnings for the 1st 2 times. Gave her 3 strokes on her palm & made her kneel for 20 mins.

ttlkbs
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cantbearit2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:12 pm

I started using the cane when my DDs reach 2y.o. Usually I will give them warnings. 3rd time warning and still does it, I will cane them on their bums :spank:(where it's fleshier therefore not so painful; marks can't be seen too, hee...).
Usually it's just one hard stroke (not hard till the flesh burst kind lah). they muz feel the pain but without injuring them (打在儿身, 痛在娘心). after they are done with the crying, we will explain to them why they were caned.

Both DH and I do not use the cane regularly cos like what the old folks says, become "jun puey" liao. We find it is more effective if we only use it sparringly and when they commit really serious mischief.

As they grow older, we realise that there's no need for real caning anymore. the cane has become a strong deterrent for my kids. the mere mention of using the cane is enough to deter them from mischief. :nailbite:

cantbearit2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LittlePrinz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:03 pm

cantbearit2 wrote:I started using the cane when my DDs reach 2y.o. Usually I will give them warnings. 3rd time warning and still does it, I will cane them on their bums :spank:(where it's fleshier therefore not so painful; marks can't be seen too, hee...).
Usually it's just one hard stroke (not hard till the flesh burst kind lah). they muz feel the pain but without injuring them (打在儿身, 痛在娘心). after they are done with the crying, we will explain to them why they were caned.

Both DH and I do not use the cane regularly cos like what the old folks says, become "jun puey" liao. We find it is more effective if we only use it sparringly and when they commit really serious mischief.

As they grow older, we realise that there's no need for real caning anymore. the cane has become a strong deterrent for my kids. the mere mention of using the cane is enough to deter them from mischief. :nailbite:

I totally agree. "Spare the rod and spoil the child" is really true. Sometimes, you just have to use it. Not always though because it may loose its effectiveness.

LittlePrinz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Eagle-Ladybird » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 pm

hehe . . . never cane my DD before

Eagle-Ladybird
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Angelight » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Both DH and I caned DD occasionally when she got too out of hand. The funny thing is: whenever I caned, DH felt heartpain; when he caned, I felt heartpain. :P

Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jade » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:06 pm

DD is in P2 this yr....did not have to resort to cane so far but had to use cane on DS1 on many occasions.

Jade
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby daisyt » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:30 pm

For me, once when she was about 5yo and never after. For DH, never as he is not a believer of cane.

I think girls are also more sensitive and emotional than boys (my dd is) and we would not use cane.

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby miu miu » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:28 pm

My girl is 3, I will bring it out if she refused to listen but will not cane her. By showing her my 法宝 already made her scared enough to obey me :p

miu miu
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Working With Your Child