Children & Idols

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Re: Children & Idols

Postby jedamum » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:01 pm

insider wrote:
Do you have idols yourself when you were younger? What do you feel about kids having idols?

i have an idol when i was younger. not much of chasing him, but only likes to listen to his song. my views on idol changing changed when i read in the tabloid news something negative regarding the idol. threw away my small collection of his stuff (mainly cut outs from magazines) and stayed away from idol chasing.

til now, whenever i watched some korean drama and am 'mesmerized' by certain male lead, i merely surfed the net to see if they have other shows worth watching. if the story line is lousy, i will still give it a miss regardless how well that actor had done in the previous show.

Idol chasing for my kids, i reckon it is like liking a certain cartoon character consider as idol chasing for lower pri kids. my ds1 has his small collection of certain cartoon characters, but we stop at buying every single item with that cartoon imprinted on it. we don't go around malls to chase the 'appearances' made by them during festive sessions. the same goes with my ds2. he likes Ben10 during a certain point in time, but we don't obsessed to buying Tshirts for him, or reminding him to tune in to the show weekly because we don't want to start any of such 'worshipping'. we also don't buy different series of such toys for him; only one box of ben10 toys costing $10 from China.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tankee » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:32 pm

My childhood idol would be giant robot, ultra-man, superman and batman. :oops:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:03 am

My almost 3 and a half year old is crazy about Justin Bieber.

He keeps insisting that I play "baby baby" (one of his songs) on repeat mode, wants me to comb his hair down his Justin, plays his toy guitar and pretends to be Justin :roll:

All thanks to my helper ...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby KoalaMummy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:42 pm

autumnbronze wrote:My almost 3 and a half year old is crazy about Justin Bieber.

He keeps insisting that I play "baby baby" (one of his songs) on repeat mode, wants me to comb his hair down his Justin, plays his toy guitar and pretends to be Justin :roll:

wow, your almost 3 1/2 son is 'cool'. my 10yo ds introduced Justin Bieber to my 8 yo dd and 5yo ds and now they are also hooked to the song.... quite a catchy song, realiii..

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:46 pm

KoalaMummy wrote:
autumnbronze wrote:My almost 3 and a half year old is crazy about Justin Bieber.

wow, your almost 3 1/2 son is 'cool'. my 10yo ds introduced Justin Bieber to my 8 yo dd and 5yo ds and now they are also hooked to the song.... quite a catchy song, realiii..

Aiyoh KoalaMummy,

Buay tahan lah .... the song in repeat mode for breakfast time, sleeping time, in between time if DS remembers him suddenly :stupid:

:lol: :lol:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Working With Your Child