How long your child take for showering?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How long your child take for showering?

Postby Lynn2 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:27 pm

My daughter spend at least half an hour to shower, that is to bath and wash her hair and comb it.

I find that its too long.Anyone has advice to help them to shorten the time?thanks

Lynn

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Funz » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:00 pm

How old is your girl? I have the opposite problem. My kids can be in and out of the shower in 5 mins and I have to drag them back to make sure they soap and rinse properly.

1/2 hr to shampoo, condition, rinse hair then shower, thereafter to towel dry, comb hair, get dressed is thereabouts for me. Of course mine include slapping on some moisturiser on my body plus face and also leave in conditioner for my hair.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Lynn2 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:15 pm

she is 11 this year.
I ever tried letting her to bring in alarm, and also dont work.She off the alarm, I ask why, she said she just want to bath longer...sigh...

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Brenda10 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:21 pm

DD usually takes about 10- 15 minutes.

Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Chenonceau » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Lynn2 wrote:she is 11 this year.
I ever tried letting her to bring in alarm, and also dont work.She off the alarm, I ask why, she said she just want to bath longer...sigh...

LOL! This is very funny!! Your kid LIKES to bathe? That is wonderful!! Mine are done in 5 minutes. How to wash properly like that!!? Even I myself need 15 minutes. Mine sometimes smell worse than my dog even after bathing. And I have to send them BACK into the shower. And they will explain cheekily that too much washing is bad for the skin because it depletes the protective oil.

Once, my son went in and came out... and I didn't hear any water sound. Aaaaaargh!

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:37 pm

DS1, who is 6, can stay in there forever, with the water running! He will spend a long time getting his hair and body wet, then quickly soap, then spend a long time rinsing off. He just likes the feeling of the water. I have to remind him to stop. What a waste of water!

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby hardworking_mom » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Mine will go inside, after washing hair and shower, splash water everywhere as if helping me wash the bathroom. He can even tell me he is 'daydreaming' inside. When he showers at night, I will threaten to switch off the bathroom lights if he takes too long and waste so much water. This is more effective than merely reminding him to hurry up.. :x

hardworking_mom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Nathaniel » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:43 pm

you are very lucky that your daughter like to bath , there is nothing wrong in bathing for half an hour .

Nathaniel
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby orchids » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:09 pm

When my dd was in primary school, she had the habit of telling 'epic' story while showering, thus spending a long time in the bathroom.
Now going sec 2, she takes to singing. Time taken to finish her '演唱会' also very impressive.

orchids
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Mrsbongz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:18 pm

this thread is really cute.. :D .. My son takes barely 5mins, so I always 'QC' in case he doesn't clean well.. I would think that for a girl with long hair, about 15mins is ok..

this reminds me of my sis's fren, who takes almost an hour to shower each time. Once they went over to a fren's place, she showered so slowly the fren's parents thought she fainted inside.

Mrsbongz
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Working With Your Child