LEARNConcierge

Children and their imaginary friends

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Postby aqeqiq » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:43 pm

jtoh wrote:Yes, it's so sad isn't it? Especially when the little ones want to commit suicide because they can't deal with it.

Feel so sad for those kids and their parents. Mental illness is terrible.
aqeqiq
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Children and their imaginary friends

Postby Littlefly » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 am

I googled and seemed like there's not many posts on this topic.

When should parents be worried when our kids have imaginary friends?

My elder boy, now 4 yr old, started to have imaginary siblings after the arrival of my bb. Past 6mths now, he's still talking about them. At first, he claimed to have an elder Korkor, then Jiejie. Besides that, he also imagine he is some character or baby animal. He will invent his own language and claims the baby speaks this language. Should I be worried ?

Littlefly
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Children and their imaginary friends

Postby peapot » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Actually my gal is 8 and also has imaginary friends. I m not worried that she talks to her toys. I m more worried that she doesn't make friends in school. She is a loner. She takes lunch during recess alone. She worrys no one talks to her. She has friends for 1 year but that friend got to know new friend and they drifted apart. What should I do??!!!

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Previous

Return to Working With Your Child

LEARNConcierge