Chatterbox and loud

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Chatterbox and loud

Postby Red_Snow » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi parents, anybody with a child who like to speak loudly? My 3y.o always speaks so loudly and nonstop. It was cute when he just learnt to talk but now it's becoming quite irritating :| I hv to keep reminding him again n again coz he talks alot but will only work for a few seconds n he will start again . :stupid: just wondering, will he outgrow it? Hope can hear from some parents :thankyou:

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby cnimed » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:00 am

Have you tried whispering to him? 3 yr old may not know what is loud, so if you tell him - don't be so loud - he may not understand what you want from him. I find that children will whisper back if you whisper to them. You can also show examples of different volume and get him to try them, so he can hear and feel the difference in voice projection. After that you can remind him to make his voice "smaller" and to save the big voice for important things. Hope that works for u. :)
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Red_Snow » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi deminc, thanks for the advice. Never try whispering though. But actually he knows how to speak softly coz after reminding he will talk softer but it seems difficult for him coz the way he talks will sound so unnatural, half way between whispering n talking :lol: and play DVD bout indoor n outdoor voice to him but seems doesnt work on him :?

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby cnimed » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Red_Snow wrote:but it seems difficult for him coz the way he talks will sound so unnatural, half way between whispering n talking

So cute! Maybe he just needs some time to get used to modulating his voice volume. :)
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Red_Snow » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:47 pm

deminc wrote:
Red_Snow wrote:but it seems difficult for him coz the way he talks will sound so unnatural, half way between whispering n talking

So cute! Maybe he just needs some time to get used to modulating his voice volume. :)
yeah, but I hope won't take too long :lol: thanks for the advice, trying playing whispering game with him n lucky he knows how to whisper :D

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bets81 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 pm

have u ever brought ur child to a hearing test? One my uncle's kid liked to speak very loudly... they then found out that he has a hearing issue on one of the ear...

bets81
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Red_Snow » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:31 pm

bets81 wrote:have u ever brought ur child to a hearing test? One my uncle's kid liked to speak very loudly... they then found out that he has a hearing issue on one of the ear...
did the test at hospital when he was a newborn and another one, I cant remember how many months old during check up at poly.

Red_Snow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Funz » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:45 pm

When my kids first started childcare, I realise suddenly that they are speaking very loudly. It happened with DD and again with DS. I realise then that in a childcare the noise level can be quite high especially during play and interaction time so the child tends to speak very loudly.

My nephew too, speaks very loudly. He is naturally loud, I think due to him being looked after my his granparents when he was younger and they talk very loudly and the TV is forever blaring in the background. Then when he went into childcare, also noisy so he continues with that volume. And there was once we noticed that he was even louder then ever, we eventually realised that his allergies were acting up and the backed up mucus is affecting his hearing. Once that cleared he went back to his normal loudness.

I guess there is no fast solution, only way is to constantly remind them to keep their volume down. Eventually they become more aware. There were times when DD will start speaking at a pretty loud volume and sheepishly say I very loud hor.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Working With Your Child