How to deal with carelessness in daily activities??

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How to deal with carelessness in daily activities??

Postby mama_g » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 pm

My gal of 6YO is always very careless, not referring to her schoolwork but daily activities like always ALWAYS spill water from the cup, soup from the bowl, rice drop all over when having dinner, pencil drops when doing work and the list goes on and on...... My patience is running up with her carelessness... i remember during my young days when i was careless (not as careless as her) i will get scolding and even beating from my parents. Initiate years, she got no scolding from me, just reminders, but she dosent seem to 'bother' about these spills...no improvement at all. Recently been trying to raise my voice when she spilled. I suspect she is always is her dreamland, low concentration result in all these spill. I tried asking herself to clean up the mess she created, but no use also..... any advice?

mama_g
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tankee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29 pm

i am just wondering. perhaps it could be caused by other reason, eg her hand's muscular issue that is affecting her ability to hold properly or for certain period.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Funz » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:39 pm

every morning, after breakfast, take the following

2 doses of patience
2 doses of tolerance
2 doses of hope (that she will grow out of it)
2 doses of faith (that you will be able to correct this behaviour)

If after 2 years, symptoms still persist, double the dose and add 2 doses of delusion to give you the impression that things are improving.

Ok, seriously, I know how you feel. DD is like that. When she makes a mess she has to clean up, whatever she spills, we will not replenish for her. DD's carelessness stems from her being in a hurry to complete her tasks or trying to juggle too many things at a time. I gotta constantly remind her to be careful, to focus on the task at hand and not be distracted.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Re: How to deal with carelessness in daily activities??

Postby Chenonceau » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 pm

mama_g wrote:My gal of 6YO is always very careless, not referring to her schoolwork but daily activities like always ALWAYS spill water from the cup, soup from the bowl, rice drop all over when having dinner, pencil drops when doing work and the list goes on and on...... My patience is running up with her carelessness... i remember during my young days when i was careless (not as careless as her) i will get scolding and even beating from my parents. Initiate years, she got no scolding from me, just reminders, but she dosent seem to 'bother' about these spills...no improvement at all. Recently been trying to raise my voice when she spilled. I suspect she is always is her dreamland, low concentration result in all these spill. I tried asking herself to clean up the mess she created, but no use also..... any advice?

I think this is not careless... this is clumsy. Have you tested her for dysprexia? My son was very clumsy at 6 too. I once scolded him... "You are a naughty naughty bunny!!"

He said sadly "Mommy, I am not a naughty bunny. I am a clumsy bunny."

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Chenonceau » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Funz wrote:every morning, after breakfast, take the following

2 doses of patience
2 doses of tolerance

If after 2 years, symptoms still persist, double the dose and add 2 doses of delusion to give you the impression that things are improving.

This is very heartwarming.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Happy Mama » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:46 pm

2 doses of patience
2 doses of tolerance

:celebrate: :celebrate:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:36 am

2 doses of patience
2 doses of tolerance

Wisdom with a twinge of humour :goodpost:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child