All About Handwriting

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
cse1217
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: All About Handwriting

Post by cse1217 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:08 am

hungrysandy wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:56 am
My child's writing is so tiny. It's like font size 3. Will is be a problem for exam?
Does it create difficulty in reading for you? If yes, then it will be a problem. Overall, it must be readable and easy to understand.

hungrysandy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by hungrysandy » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:04 pm

cse1217 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:08 am
hungrysandy wrote:
My child's writing is so tiny. It's like font size 3. Will is be a problem for exam?
Does it create difficulty in reading for you? If yes, then it will be a problem. Overall, it must be readable and easy to understand.
A bit hard to read, could be due to my age? :lol:
But I tried asking my child to write bigger so many times

cse1217
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by cse1217 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:09 am

hungrysandy wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:04 pm
cse1217 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:08 am
hungrysandy wrote:
A bit hard to read, could be due to my age? :lol:
But I tried asking my child to write bigger so many times
Hm.... then get a few more people to see if it's really too small for them. How old is your child?

mondecoinmetier
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by mondecoinmetier » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm

I used to also tell my child he has bad handwriting; big and untidy. After a few years, somehow, his writing got better and neater. Perhaps is a teacher told him that his handwriting is too big and need to write smaller lol. Guess I needn't have to worry about it after all coz all in time will change.

LiliChung
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by LiliChung » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Writing may seem simple but it's actually multi-tasking. The mind dictating what to and how to write, the hand forming the letter/shape and the eyes focusing on the movement. It's a different essential fine motor skill milestone for every child. I think practicing more and more will help. And making the practice sessions more fun (at home).

brues
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by brues » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:37 pm

yeah, bad hand-writing might become a problem because it is where a child can express his answer. He may need more practice until he gets the right stroke and it is readable, most importantly. and may be a set of "judge" (parents and siblings) can help him make it right.

BranT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by BranT » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:21 pm

brues wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:37 pm
yeah, bad hand-writing might become a problem because it is where a child can express his answer. He may need more practice until he gets the right stroke and it is readable, most importantly. and may be a set of "judge" (parents and siblings) can help him make it right.
Practice certainly helped my child a lot. Giving them time and guiding them can also help based on my experience. Hope this helps!

Antony44
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Antony44 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:15 pm

It is necessary to train a lot a hand, I myself redid the handwriting ... by willful decision, about 15 years)) :cool:

Sporteganmen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Sporteganmen » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:21 pm

The main thing is not to stop doing :-)

EarthQuek
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by EarthQuek » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:07 pm

Many are able to produce great report and convincing slide presentation with digital devices, but only few need to do handwritten work/explanation in the current era.
I have witnessed multiple secondary students' handwriting when they submitted their written preferred nickname and number for printing purposes, many are bad.
I think practicing with cursive font makes it more interesting and fun.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: