Why is Parenting Fun?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Parenting is Fun

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes : 15

Why is Parenting Fun?

Postby lisadrome » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Has anyone any thoughts to why parenting can be fun?

1. Children's faces- remind us our younger days?
2. Parents happy to see their grandchildren
3. The darnest things they do or say
4. All those fun-filled activities- from drawing- painting..
5. Seeing your daughter in her first ballet lesson?
6. Their laughter
7. Their mistakes?

What in your parenting experience makes you find it a joy, Fun and ines capable??

lisadrome
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm

kind of hard to explain.

just like why do we fall in love?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby ANobleNerd » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Why? :idea:

Because it's my own little kingdom! :wink:

Never a dull day in my kingdom... the princes and princess sometimes behave beautifully, and other times try to take over my kingdom by staging a coup.

There are days of celebrations in my kingdom, but there are days of quelling the rebellion... often with many tactical warfare and strategem on the part of the king and queen. :wink:

ANobleNerd
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Happy Mama » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 pm

ANobleNerd wrote:Why? :idea:

Never a dull day in my kingdom... the princes and princess sometimes behave beautifully, and other times try to take over my kingdom by staging a coup.

There are days of celebrations in my kingdom, but there are days of quelling the rebellion... often with many tactical warfare and strategem on the part of the king and queen. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I like the way you describe parenting. :celebrate:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Can't agree less...

Postby lisadrome » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:57 pm

A little kingdom, oh yes definately for it me it would be the mini Singapore zoo.. as we are a bit of animal lovers...

I think in the case when my parents brought me up i feel that the love was so special and I just want that special feeling to be experienced by us.. Does anyone have this similar sentiments??

Do expand your thoughts on -- what your parents have done for you and maybe express that to what you think you want to follow or maybe even unfollow in your little kingdom or zoo??

lisadrome
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Chenonceau » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:20 am

I think it's fun 'cos I like to hug them babies... and smell their tummies and feel their soft kisses on my cheeks.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ANobleNerd » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:50 am

I think it's fun 'cos I like to hug them babies... and smell their tummies and feel their soft kisses on my cheeks.

But smelling tummies that lasts only 3 years at most... and then *sighs*.

Then again, age to age, they have lovely things too. But I do miss them at that smelling tummies age. :wink:

ANobleNerd
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby radiantmum » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 am

Parenting is fun 'cos you grow with them, re-ignite your pure childhood innocence and of course came the un-anticipated ... yesterday nite, my DS refused a kiss from me on his lip 'cos he said that's meant for girlfriends and boyfriends (meaning not mothers and sons) :(

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ImMeeMee » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:31 am

ANobleNerd wrote:Why? :idea:

i like your description. :D

hmm ... is parenting fun? well i guess it is, when you are sitting quietly and thinking about it. but when you are in the thick of things and feeling like tearing out your hair, that is hardly fun.

so the answer for me is yes and no. 8)

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby apple2010 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Why is Parenting Fun?
My answer is Yes and No...
Yes, its fun to see the your children growing .... and No..to see yourself aging !
Its a lots of time and energy to keep a family going strong.

apple2010
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Working With Your Child