Feeling weak/ faint after reprimanding from parent

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Feeling weak/ faint after reprimanding from parent

Postby JR » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 pm

My boy has this fainting or feeling weak spell after getting a 'scolding' from me today. His body was practically limb and he looked pale and I have to bring him to the sofa to rest. The first time I have seen this happening was at his kindergarten during the Meet-the-teacher session when the teacher was telling us an incident when she reprimanded him in class. Does anyone has similar experience?

JR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Feeling weak/ faint after reprimanding from parent

Postby Funx3 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 pm

JR wrote:My boy has this fainting or feeling weak spell after getting a 'scolding' from me today. His body was practically limb and he looked pale and I have to bring him to the sofa to rest. The first time I have seen this happening was at his kindergarten during the Meet-the-teacher session when the teacher was telling us an incident when she reprimanded him in class. Does anyone has similar experience?

Looks Like You have a Sensitive Boy here.
Cannot Stress Him Too Much. Scolding / Scaring Method may be Too Much for him to Take.

Maybe You could Adopt Advising, Guiding, Cajoling, Rewarding Approach for your Boy?
Know it's Not Easy, and Needs Tonnes of Patience.
But If this Works, it is Less Stress ALL Round for Both your Boy and U.
:celebrate: :celebrate:

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby e3nity » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:30 pm

Agree with Funx3.. i guess your boy is under high lvl of stress whenever he face the music.. perhaps teachers or parents could change a softer approach..

How ur ds is feeling better after resting.. 8)

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby JR » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Thanks Funx3 for your advise. In fact we seldom reprimand him. I was just telling him off (my voice was more stern than usual) that he should not shove my hand away when I was trying to show him how to position his fingers on the keyboard.

Yes, e3nity, my boy felt ok after resting and he's even able to run around with his friend when I brought him downstairs to play with his friend. Thanks for you concern.

JR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Funx3 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:20 pm

JR wrote:Thanks Funx3 for your advise. In fact we seldom reprimand him. I was just telling him off (my voice was more stern than usual) that he should not shove my hand away when I was trying to show him how to position his fingers on the keyboard.

Yes, e3nity, my boy felt ok after resting and he's even able to run around with his friend when I brought him downstairs to play with his friend. Thanks for you concern.

Aiyoh, Even My Maid is in Tears when I Reprimanded Her in Too Loud a Voice, let Alone A Pre-Primary Small Kid ....
So it'll be Good that U Handle Him in Kid's Gloves ....
:wink: :wink:

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child