how do you teach your children at home?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

how do you teach your children at home?

Postby chen tai » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi mommies,

Other than reading to your children at home, what other activities did you do with them at home to help them learn better? (my DDs are 4 yr old & 2 yr old).

Thanks for advising :lol:

chen tai
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby DesertWind » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Hi,

My boy is 3.5 yo and since about 2.5 yo, I have been buying quite a lot of wooden puzzles for him to do. He like to fix those A,B, C and 1,2, 3 types of puzzles and those with pictures. I like to buy Melissa & Doug and Learning Journey brand from Toys R Rus. Once he has learnt, you will know because he would not want to touch them again! This year, I buy for him those 4, 6, 12 pieces of picture puzzles for him to do.

Fixing picture puzzles are very good but it is not easy to find nice, good, sturdy wooden ones!

You can also surf the website of Right2Learn.com to look at the educational toys and Montessori materials they sell. You can buy them and do with your kids at home as well!

My boy also loves Playdoh and a lot of time was spent doing this with him.

Enjoy!
:celebrate:

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chen tai » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:14 am

DesertWind wrote:Hi Hi,

My boy is 3.5 yo and since about 2.5 yo, I have been buying quite a lot of wooden puzzles for him to do. He like to fix those A,B, C and 1,2, 3 types of puzzles and those with pictures. I like to buy Melissa & Doug and Learning Journey brand from Toys R Rus. Once he has learnt, you will know because he would not want to touch them again! This year, I buy for him those 4, 6, 12 pieces of picture puzzles for him to do.

Fixing picture puzzles are very good but it is not easy to find nice, good, sturdy wooden ones!

You can also surf the website of Right2Learn.com to look at the educational toys and Montessori materials they sell. You can buy them and do with your kids at home as well!

My boy also loves Playdoh and a lot of time was spent doing this with him.

Enjoy!
:celebrate:

Thanks for yr advice!! :D wl go work on it! :celebrate:

chen tai
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Tamama » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:05 am

my 3.5 yr old boy also plays puzzles with his favourite characters. i just let him play with those cheapy ones... given by others??? forgot... he shows interest to play puzzle just last month, i don't know why he likes it so much, cos my elder girl (now 7) never showed her interest on playing puzzles. my boy loves to play his 12 pcs thomas and friends puzzle again and again, and he can do it by himself from the very beginning. i am very surprised. then he moved on to the 40pcs barney puzzle now. he is half way done. when i give him a pcs from the side, he knows where to put almost immediately. :| when i was young, i never have the interest to play puzzles......... :| haha...

Tamama
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Working With Your Child