Dressing for girls

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Dressing for girls

Postby hquek » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Came across a great article....and it reminded me of a time when I was in the mrt. Across my was a little girl - probably no older than 8 years old. Her skirt was short enough to show what she's wearing inside and I was amazed that her mum actually bought something like that for her. :shock:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/04/19/g ... l?iref=NS1

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Dressing for girls

Postby tamarind » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:06 pm

hquek wrote:Came across a great article....and it reminded me of a time when I was in the mrt. Across my was a little girl - probably no older than 8 years old. Her skirt was short enough to show what she's wearing inside and I was amazed that her mum actually bought something like that for her. :shock:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/04/19/g ... l?iref=NS1

I often see teenage girls wearing really tiny shorts (like underwear), very low cut tops and going out with their parents. I also wonder why their parents think it is OK for them to wear like that :roll: Perhaps I am too conservative ?

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:25 pm

wear long skirt also no use. everytime when i pick dd up from school, i :faint: when i see the way the girls sit with their legs wide open on the stairs.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bebebub » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:56 pm

think those in girls' school tend to have this problem. I remember when I was in Secondary school (girls' school), the discipline mistress will single out those who "cannot sit properly". We always thought having our PE shorts under the school uniform was good enough :oops: Think we became more conscious about it in upper secondary.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Elizabeth99 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I think as for dressing, thats the part and parcel of their growing up stage. Normal for teenage girls to dress this way...

Elizabeth99
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Working With Your Child