Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby KoalaMummy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Hi, can anybody recommend a shampoo for my girl who have long, thick hair?

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby bebebub » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 pm

my gal is still using Avent Hair n Body Wash (sharing with her toddler sister - this mummy too lazy to keep separate bottles for them :oops: ). She uses adult hair conditioner on alternate days, or after she goes to the pool.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1519
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:18 am
Total Likes: 8


Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby tamarind » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 am

My girl uses the Loreal Royal Jelly Shampoo to wash her long hair, no conditioner needed.

tamarind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3113
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:37 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby Champion » Sun May 01, 2011 12:30 pm

My girls are using the "Loreal Kids" Swim & Sport Shampoo - which they have been loving to use it esp after swim :D

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8319
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:45 pm
Total Likes: 42


Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby carebear » Sun May 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi KoalaMummy, my DD has thick, wavy long hair.
She has been using Clairol Herbal Essence dangerously straight shampoo and conditioner. It ensures that her hair can be combed easily and actually makes the hair less fluffy.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby Happy Mama » Sun May 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Looks like it's time to change my DD's shampoo. She's still using Johnson's Baby Shampoo cos I love the baby fragrance... :wink:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby Guest » Sun May 01, 2011 11:20 pm

My child is using the Guardian Shampoo for kids which is mild for the scalp. At this age, she basically needs to wash away sweaty smell and the olive oil only. After washing, I use olive oil to make it smooth and manageable.
Guest
 

Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby Happy Mama » Mon May 02, 2011 12:02 am

ksi wrote:My child is using the Guardian Shampoo for kids which is mild for the scalp. At this age, she basically needs to wash away sweaty smell and the olive oil only. After washing, I use olive oil to make it smooth and manageable.

Hmm, maybe I should consider using olive oil for DD. Ksi, what type of olive oil do you use? Will it get too oily on your DD's hair?

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby Guest » Mon May 02, 2011 12:19 am

Happy Mama wrote:Hmm, maybe I should consider using olive oil for DD. Ksi, what type of olive oil do you use? Will it get too oily on your DD's hair?


The Ginvera Olive Oil(green packaging) is actually good for the hair and it does not make it oily too.
Guest
 

Re: Shampoo for long hair 8yo girl

Postby Happy Mama » Mon May 02, 2011 12:39 am

ksi wrote:
Happy Mama wrote:Hmm, maybe I should consider using olive oil for DD. Ksi, what type of olive oil do you use? Will it get too oily on your DD's hair?


The Ginvera Olive Oil(green packaging) is actually good for the hair and it does not make it oily too.

Oki, thanks ksi. :D

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Working With Your Child