SA1 blues :(

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

SA1 blues :(

Postby dramamama70 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:28 am

I have three kids who are in the midst of their SA1 exams (sec 4 NA, p6 and p3). All of them last night told me they couldn't finish their papers. DD1 said she couldn't complete her last Math question, DS said he just didn't know how to answer the last two math questions (7 marks total) and DD2 said she couldn't finish the last math word problem question.

My kids have studied so hard the last couple of months - been diligently doing their homework and revisions (with me and DH) so my heart is broken that them doing their best is still not good enough :(

I just hope they don't get discouraged (although to be honest, I am getting VERY discouraged). *sob sob*

dramamama70
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: SA1 blues :(

Postby vlim » Thu May 12, 2011 11:46 am

Relax la ... I know how u feel ... Maybe the papers are real hard and other kids might emcounter the same problems or even worse ...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dramamama70 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:57 am

They said some of their classmates also had problems completing the paper. Aiya, this brings up the perennial question - why make the exam paper so difficult? Sigh.

dramamama70
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Guest » Thu May 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Have you signed the petition here?

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... &start=170

Anyway, I believe these days in all exams they will have 1-2 tough questions to pick out the outstanding kids, so the way is to minimize careless errors on those questions doable....

Postby dramamama70 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:36 pm

I have signed and promoted it on my facebook. A couple of friends who saw my facebook status have said they will either be signing it or have done so. I must say I have my own reservations about online petitions but like I told a facebook friend, if we don't try, we won't know!

dramamama70
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Working With Your Child