Exploring vegetables!

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Exploring vegetables!

Postby car118 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi mummies&daddies,
Need help pls!!! This coming new term nursery need parent to give individual presentation to N2 students abt vegetables. Wat shall I do 2 interest all these bubbly 4yrs cuties? I m not into these so m feeling feverish abt it!! :?:(stage fright la) :cry: anyone can suggest anything 2 help this useless mummy? Simple n easy talk or experiment to do???? Many thanks in advance!!!!

car118
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Exploring vegetables!

Postby Nebbermind » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:49 am

well, u can start the prog with the Veggie Tale Intro.

then follow by a simple quiz, eg, name 3 veggie in the video, 'do u think the tomato is CUTE?', 'who love to eat tomato'....

that's for warm up.... :lol:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 am

Your child make a vegetable and bring it to the school and ask the children to guess? crush the newspapers and then put white glue then paste color paper according to the veg color.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:09 pm

I thought teachers should be the ones doing such presentations. What if both parents are working... get the grandparents?

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby car118 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Tks nebbermind n smartmummy!
@sall, sch wan parents to contribute so these kiddies can c mummies or daddies interact also, at same time c these cuties' their interaction. Is gd la but I stress lo!! Grandparents beta not.. I think my mum will scream.. Haha.. No choice take leave...

car118
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sall » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi car118, luckily last time my dd's sch didn't have such a practice. If not, I'll also be extremely stressed. :smile:

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby car118 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Ya stress man!!! Hopefully there r more mummies n daddies to give me more ideas..tks everyone!!

car118
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby poppy15 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 am

do u hv to bring real veggies or those masak masak ones?

if real veggies, prob u can get some art painting stuff with them. maybe u draw some veggies on a piece of paper, then aks them to guess the shape & match... but show them the different types first

then later they get to colour their "fake" veggies on paper. u can mingle ard witht kids also...

js a suggestion :smile:

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby car118 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi everyone
Update on my veggies exploration! After cracking my head for so many wks n also ur precious contributions as well, decided to ask grandpa to help me draw multiple veggies on colored paper n I shall mingle wit the kids to finger paint/ sprinkled or paste magazine strips on them..n I managed to find veggies magnets to give to the kids as well..was already prepared n looking forward for it! Guess wat? 2nites b4 my presentation my son fell sick..had fever up till 39.5 so was grounded at home for the wk so my dream bubble to b a first class teacher burst..hahaha
Btw.. Thank you everyone for helping me in here. Really appreciate!!

car118
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby smartmummy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi! sorry to hear that ur son falling sick. I wish a speedy recovery!
I think,u and ur son so excited and wait for the day.Its made u dissapointed.Take it easy.U will have more presentation in future.Take care of urself and ur son.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child