Child Education RoadMap

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Child Education RoadMap

Postby flyfree » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:16 am

Dear parents

Do you plan for your child the following: which pri sch, sec sch, JC, university to go for ,so that u & your child can based on it to focus and achieve the goals .

Pls share your opinions, experiences.

flyfree
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Child Education RoadMap

Postby Kissgurami » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 am

oh wow...

Primary School: I didn't plan which Primary School to target for until recently. Picked the school which I can avoid balloting and also easy on logistics for both myself/family and DD

Secondary School: Naturally, I would like my kids to get into a good school but to pick a pre-defined secondary school? Nope, I would rather talk to her about the choices at that time.

JC: I had my parents had this whole JC thingy forced onto me and I did resent it. Ultimately, it would be her choice if she would pick JC or Polytechnic.

University: I would probably step in to see if the University is worth paying for or worth the reputation and not one to just some degree which companies doesn't recognize.

:)

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:34 am

flyfree wrote:Dear parents

Do you plan for your child the following: which pri sch, sec sch, JC, university to go for ,so that u & your child can based on it to focus and achieve the goals .

Pls share your opinions, experiences.

pri sch: near by with good ranking

sec sch: See the PSLE results

jC: See O level results

University: See ranking. Hope to get one that my kid can migrate overseas after doing the studies there. :wink:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:24 am

No planning will decide when the time comes.
Primary Sch, chose a neighborhood school near my house (need to undergo balloting? If can get in good, if not try another. No PV job).
Secondary school & JC/poly depend on his result & also his preference.
Uni. Too far away, again depend on him & his result. No point forcing him as he is the one studying.
Currently I am helping him in his study so that he can have more choices when the time comes for him to choose Sec Sch.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child