Entrepreneurship

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Entrepreneurship

Postby mommsie101 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi parents,

i'm just wondering if you all are supportive of your children becoming an entrepreneur? My nephew is very good in art and craft, just thinking how I can cultivate that entrepreneurship in him from young.

mommsie101
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Entrepreneurship

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:38 pm

mommsie101 wrote:Hi parents,

i'm just wondering if you all are supportive of your children becoming an entrepreneur? My nephew is very good in art and craft, just thinking how I can cultivate that entrepreneurship in him from young.

mommsie101,
if i remember correctly, our fellow forummer, Tamarind, had put her dd's handicraft up on their website for sales. Maybe you can try out too. :D
with the popularity of facebook, you can get relatives to help advertise his craftwork. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby UncleLim » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:46 am

Online is a good place to start. Low cost.

Entrepreneurship has to be cultivated deliberately... otherwise our kids will grow up thinking jobs are the only option in life.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mommsie101 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:13 pm

jedamum wrote:

mommsie101,
if i remember correctly, our fellow forummer, Tamarind, had put her dd's handicraft up on their website for sales. Maybe you can try out too. :D
with the popularity of facebook, you can get relatives to help advertise his craftwork. :)

wow! this is cool. do you have their websites ? :)

mommsie101
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mommsie101 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 pm

tks parents. hmm.. but if i place it online, i dont want the people to think that its like cheap money..

mommsie101
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:21 pm

mommsie101 wrote:
jedamum wrote:

mommsie101,

wow! this is cool. do you have their websites ? :)

can be found in her blog. not sure if she is openly sharing it with others, but the blogshop is like any other regular online blogshop. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:23 pm

mommsie101 wrote:tks parents. hmm.. but if i place it online, i dont want the people to think that its like cheap money..

i dont understand what is 'cheap money'.
i have friends doing handicraft beading and also seen mummies selling things that they sew and putting on online blog for sale.
don't see any problem. he who can appreciate the craftwork, will not mind paying for what it is worth. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Working With Your Child