How do you advise or handle someone hurts ur son or daughter

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How do you advise or handle someone hurts ur son or daughter

Postby smartmummy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi All!

My son always telling his friends doing bad for him.One of his friends always take his stationary without his permission and throw.One day he said throw on his face.Then my DH informed to T.Then T scolded him badly.After that whenever the boy take his stationary my son said u want me to tell my parents.Then he didn't touch.
Yesterday he told me one boy make noise suddenly when he was in the toilet and pass urine, he tried to close his zip then the urine nearly touch the face.Then the boy told to the whole class and my son so embarrassed and he told me.How can I advise him or how to handle this situation?.I asked him u want me inform his mom then his face became so happy.Then I said cannot. U should know how to handle the people.Then he said he just tickled him whenever he opened the mouth.

Hi parents care to share your experience or advise me how to handle.Thanks.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: How do you advise or handle someone hurts ur son or daug

Postby smartmummy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:47 pm

I forgot to mention my son's age.He is in P3.9 yrs old

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby e3nity » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Perhaps you would like to advise ur DS to speak up to his form teacher??

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby concern2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:40 pm

The first thing my son does when someone 'disturbs' him is to go straight to the teacher. He did this since the first day he stepped into P1. When you get students complaining to teacher about a certain student often enough, the teacher will get an idea of who the "trouble makers" are.

There are also times when he dealt with the 'bullies' by shouting back at them. Although I wouldn't encourage such behaviours, I leave it to him to find the best form of self-defence, but caution him not to hit out on anyone. Being laughed at and getting embarrassed is unavoidable sometimes, and the children will need to learn how to deal with such emotions. Listening to him discuss the feelings and being empathetic help him in some ways. Sometimes we end up having a good laugh about it ourselves.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi e3nity and concern2!
thanks for ur inputs.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child