How long your kids school socks last?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How long your kids school socks last?

Postby Musicstar » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi
I saw someone post how long their kids school shoe last' but I have problems with their socks after hand wash a few times become very loose at the ankle.
Is it 3 for $5, very lousy quality. Then what type should I buy that can last longer.

Musicstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: How long your kids school socks last?

Postby notakidnoraparent » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:44 pm

I believe its how you sun them and fold them. My mom used to stuff one sock into the other and make it into a ball. I think that stretches the opening of the sock and then it stays like that because of the other sock in it. In the long run, it becomes loose.

Instead, just fold it flat. Hope it helps.

notakidnoraparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pair » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:12 pm

My kids school socks last for two months only and shoe last for three months.

pair
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby auntieM » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:26 pm

notakidnoraparent wrote:I believe its how you sun them and fold them. My mom used to stuff one sock into the other and make it into a ball. I think that stretches the opening of the sock and then it stays like that because of the other sock in it. In the long run, it becomes loose.

Instead, just fold it flat. Hope it helps.

Definitely works for me too..
Now trying the Proped socks which seems to last well so far.. :smile:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby cherrygal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 pm

I buy the white with grey soles type from Kiddy Palace. My son said these socks are more comfy than the cheaper type. They have lasted quite well.

He wears Nike socks for badminton as they are tighter and protect his feet during high impact sports. But these sports socks are not comfy for normal school use as they are too tight.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Addidas socks are the best. Follow by Reebok. The elasticity stays and doesn't go out of shape. Nike socks are less ideal comparatively, seem to stretch a little & become looser. Popular's socks are not lasting at all but can't really complain with that price, good for back up.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 pm

sleepy wrote:Addidas socks are the best. Follow by Reebok. The elasticity stays and doesn't go out of shape. Nike socks are less ideal comparatively, seem to stretch a little & become looser. Popular's socks are not lasting at all but can't really complain with that price

Popular socks are definitely not lasting. Get loose really fast....
Recently tried one particular brand (通学用 - has a black line at the toes) from neighborhood store.....think it is much better than Popular socks. Only $2 per pair. I dun buy the thick kind cos' kids after wearing for a whole day, their feet get damp and start to have peeling skin.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 am

sports socks...proped...definitely can last more than 1 yr and confirmed less smelly as those cheaper sock which uses too much synthetic material. Worth the $$!!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Musicstar » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:47 am

But sports sock is it thick. any thin type
Nebbermind wrote:sports socks...proped...definitely can last more than 1 yr and confirmed less smelly as those cheaper sock which uses too much synthetic material. Worth the $$!!

Musicstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby auntieM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:09 pm

Musicstar wrote:But sports sock is it thick. any thin type
Nebbermind wrote:sports socks...proped...definitely can last more than 1 yr and confirmed less smelly as those cheaper sock which uses too much synthetic material. Worth the $$!!

Propeds socks are not thick and reasonably priced... :smile:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Working With Your Child