What to tell the teacher?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

What to tell the teacher?

Postby Oppsgal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:16 pm

My kid (2 years old) always hit forehead and on the same spot.

I am very concern as the bump on the forehead is getting large, after the old bruise has recovered.

Seems that childcare centre we went to last time, cannot watch over my kid after first month... same for the current childcare.

When more students join the childcare centre, teachers don't seem to look after my kid. Every few days, have knock and bruises.

:sad: Teacher in the current childcare centre ask for a talking session on the condition my kid is in. So what can we tell her? Why only happen after 1 month when more students attend class? Anyone in same situation? How to solve?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: What to tell the teacher?

Postby tankee » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:34 pm

how's your kid outside school?

does your kid also falls or bumps into things?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Oppsgal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:45 pm

tankee wrote:how's your kid outside school?

does your kid also falls or bumps into things?

Yap...my kid slightly clumsy especially during playing and running time.

:sweat:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:20 pm

DS used to be like that too.

On his 3rd birthday, he had 2 red bumps on his forehead, looking like a little "devil". :oops:

When we attended the meet teacher session, the teacher told us how DS would nearly bump into the pillar or another student while carrying the montessori kit from the shelves to his desk. And that how she would have to keep an eye out on him, but would not be able to focus on him all the time ..... basically, implicitly saying that if DS had a bump, please do not blame her and the school.

My guess is your child's teacher has similar intention.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Funz » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:39 pm

It may be a case of your DS being more familiar with the childcare after 1 mth and will be moving about more confidently which may lead to more knocks and bumps.

If your child has a tendency to run into things or fall, please highlight to the teachers so that they are aware and can take measures to minimise such incidents.

On the home front, do observe him. It could be that he is still young so he is unable to estimate the distance of some stuff, but it could also be some vision development problems.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Oppsgal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Funz wrote:It may be a case of your DS being more familiar with the childcare after 1 mth and will be moving about more confidently which may lead to more knocks and bumps.

If your child has a tendency to run into things or fall, please highlight to the teachers so that they are aware and can take measures to minimise such incidents.

On the home front, do observe him. It could be that he is still young so he is unable to estimate the distance of some stuff, but it could also be some vision development problems.

I think teachers are aware on my kid run into walls, and running about but don't stop since they told me the incidents. Although I told them to put up more playmats to stop the fall, nothing much is done. So measures to minimise incidents are not done?

By telling us that my kid knock into things yet no measures done, then what can we do?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:28 am

Oppsgal wrote:
I think teachers are aware on my kid run into walls...,

got eye sight problem? :?

aware of children who bump into furniture or other things due to poor judgement...but running into a wall.... :shock:
Last edited by Nebbermind on Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 am

Nebbermind wrote:
Oppsgal wrote:
I think teachers are aware on my kid run into walls..., /quote]
got eye sight problem? :?

aware of children who bump into furniture or other things due to poor judgement...but running into a wall.... :shock:

Nothing to be shock as my kid don't look when running or walking... Look left or right then walk straight. Same as some adults on the street. If adult can happen to knock into people, kid that age is nothing shocking. :evil:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cnimed » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:54 am

Teachers see more kids. They will know if a child is particularly more prone to falling/accidents. You should ask the teacher if your child falls very often, and if it is during playtime or just during the normal course of the day. DS1 used to fall a lot, ran into walls/pillars, fell flat on face etc, he does have vision issues. Now he is aware of his own condition, he tells me that on days when he forgets to bring his glasses to school, he will walk more carefully or not run during recess to avoid falling down.

It's good to just KIV. May not be vision. Sometimes it's balance or coordination and kids do change as they grow.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Oppsgal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:55 pm

deminc wrote:Teachers see more kids. They will know if a child is particularly more prone to falling/accidents. You should ask the teacher if your child falls very often, and if it is during playtime or just during the normal course of the day. DS1 used to fall a lot, ran into walls/pillars, fell flat on face etc, he does have vision issues. Now he is aware of his own condition, he tells me that on days when he forgets to bring his glasses to school, he will walk more carefully or not run during recess to avoid falling down.

It's good to just KIV. May not be vision. Sometimes it's balance or coordination and kids do change as they grow.

think is the balancing. When running, look unbalance. For vision, think not really as can see the plane flying in the sky and start pointing at it.

Teacher did say my kid is unbalance. Can be playing lego one minute, then stand and unbalance... hit the box. :cry:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Working With Your Child