does your child talk A LOT?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

does your child talk A LOT?

Postby smurf » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:44 am

my p1 boy talks a lot. eat also talk, bath also talk, even wear baju also talk! i dun have any problem with him talking, but when he talks, he stops whatever he is doing and continue yakking away. this slow thing down. for example, i expect him to get ready for sch in maybe 10 mins, but if he talks and talks, he will take 30 mins to get ready, or ometimes even longer. he has no sense of timing, he will not notice the time unless i said, "you are late." and i have to say this sentence at least 3 times. when i assign work for him to do, example, do a page of chinese assessment, he will sit for 2 mins, then come to me to see wat im doing and then starts to yak and yk about what im doing! this drives me crazy because ive to constatntly scream at him to go back to do his stuff. just as im typing this post, he is eating his breakfast, immediately, he put down his spoon and stand beside me and kaypo.

:stompfeet: :stompfeet: :stompfeet:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2329
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:27 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby LOLMum » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:52 am

mine talks even when he's making cake in the toilet. whenever i am using the toilet, he would either stand outside the door or pop in to brush his teeth and continue talking away. :faint:

luckily not so often now.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby Chenonceau » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:55 am

smurf wrote:my p1 boy talks a lot. eat also talk, bath also talk, even wear baju also talk! i dun have any problem with him talking, but when he talks, he stops whatever he is doing and continue yakking away. this slow thing down. for example, i expect him to get ready for sch in maybe 10 mins, but if he talks and talks, he will take 30 mins to get ready, or ometimes even longer. he has no sense of timing, he will not notice the time unless i said, "you are late." and i have to say this sentence at least 3 times. when i assign work for him to do, example, do a page of chinese assessment, he will sit for 2 mins, then come to me to see wat im doing and then starts to yak and yk about what im doing! this drives me crazy because ive to constatntly scream at him to go back to do his stuff. just as im typing this post, he is eating his breakfast, immediately, he put down his spoon and stand beside me and kaypo.

:stompfeet: :stompfeet: :stompfeet:


Enjoy it whilst it lasts? Will come a time when they won't talk at all.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:57 pm
Total Likes: 19


Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby smurf » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:22 am

talk is ok, but not ok when he has to finish assignment, practising. coz a violin session can stretch from 30 mins to 45 mins. and thats not good, because i would have to pay more! maybe what he learns is only 15 mins thing. the rest of the time, he wastes it on talking. :stompfeet: :stompfeet:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2329
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:27 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:33 am

Just the other day, DS2 made his swim coach stay on after class for an extra 20 mins coz he spent 30 mins telling his coach about I don't know what. Coach didn't charge extra and he was very amused that the boy could go on and on! I know I should pay more attention to his monologues, but i often find myself tuning out and just nodding at whatever he says!

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 2



Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby Chenonceau » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 am

smurf wrote:talk is ok, but not ok when he has to finish assignment, practising. coz a violin session can stretch from 30 mins to 45 mins. and thats not good, because i would have to pay more! maybe what he learns is only 15 mins thing. the rest of the time, he wastes it on talking. :stompfeet: :stompfeet:


Stop the violin? Give him flute or clarinet? :smile:

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:57 pm
Total Likes: 19


Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby smurf » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:22 am

didnt realise that you are kidding...hahah...ya hor, i should give him a flute! then he can blow his flute or better still, give him a trumpet! :wink:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2329
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:27 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:36 am

smurf wrote:didnt realise that you are kidding...hahah...ya hor, i should give him a flute! then he can blow his flute or better still, give him a trumpet! :wink:

:laugh: :rotflmao:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby LOLMum » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:42 am

smurf wrote:my p1 boy talks a lot. eat also talk, bath also talk, even wear baju also talk!

MummyThreeStreams wrote:Just the other day, DS2 made his swim coach stay on after class for an extra 20 mins coz he spent 30 mins telling his coach about I don't know what. Coach didn't charge extra and he was very amused that the boy could go on and on! I know I should pay more attention to his monologues, but i often find myself tuning out and just nodding at whatever he says!



good and early start to be the best speaker in debate competitions. keep up the good work, :rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: does your child talk A LOT?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Yes, short of taping up the mouth. :frustrated:
Guest
 

Next

Return to Working With Your Child