yelling by teacher everyday in school

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby Francis » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:19 am

She was not happy that my son did not return the conent form to her for
checking for change of date and thus not allow my son to attend. I
approched the vice principle thus allow him to go. After this incident, she
always yell at my son in school during her class. I try talking to her but
she not responding and yell at me during a discussion with the vice
principle. My son feel so miserable after school everyday and nightmare.
She force my son to write down in her diserpline file for just talking to
his friend. My son told me that she will recommend student to basic class
if she recorded this student too problem recorded. (basic class for student
not passing or fail more than 2 subject). What can I do to help my son. I
consider to change school for my son. Please help and advise.

Francis

Francis
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby jedamum » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:19 am

how old is your kid?
can consider asking the school for a change of class for the kid?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8519
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby buds » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:55 am

Francis wrote:She was not happy that my son did not return the conent form to her for checking for change of date and thus not allow my son to attend. I approched the vice principle thus allow him to go.


Dear Francis,

Very sad to know of your plight right from your first post here... :cry:
Did you manage to send in the consent form on time to the class
teacher or did you only manage to send in consent form on the
day of event itself? ( You did not mention what kinda form so i am
simply guessing this form is for an excursion.... correct me if i am
wrong, ya... ) It is good that eventually, your son did manage to
go. I hope he did enjoy the time.

Just recently, my daughter had a field trip as well. We, parents were
given the following day to return consent form to the respective class
teachers. The day she sent in the letter/consent form, i forgot to pass
her the envelope for transportation cost incurred for the field trip. My
daughter brought the form back and was told she can attend the field
trip, when she brings the money to school the following Monday, via the
school diary. The teacher also spoke to her about it - to help remind me.

I was very grateful that the teacher helped to arrange and confirm with
the school for me in advance that my daughter will be going on the said
day.. We also have to understand that the school will need to confirm
transport arrangements for all children for a school trip of any kind.
Mebbe if you informed teacher through your child or diary that you
needed to check the change of date, she may have had some idea
that you did allow him to go but was only holding on to the form for reference....

Your post not very clear cut... i'm just throwing in the possible scenarios
to understand it better.

Before your encounter with the teacher about the form, have you had
any other issues with the teacher...

Francis wrote:After this incident, she always yell at my son in school during her class. I try talking to her but she not responding and yell at me during a discussion with the vice principle. My son feel so miserable after
school everyday and nightmare.


What is the reason for her bad temper? Is it just to your son or is she
normally fierce to all the children?

I'm surprised that the vice principal did not step in to resolve the situation
with the teacher already during that discussion you had together... Did
your son tell you that he was shouted at by his teacher in school... every
other day in class? If so, did you also try to check with his classmates
whom you know in his class?

It is definitely miserable. Even for us adults, we will not like to be in a
situation like that at work. It will distract us from performing our best
and our morale will be down, and may prove un-productive. As his class
teacher, (form teacher) she/he will be teaching the core subjects to the
children ie. Eng/Maths right?


Francis wrote:She force my son to write down in her diserpline file for
just talking to his friend. My son told me that she will recommend student
to basic class if she recorded this student too problem recorded. (basic
class for student not passing or fail more than 2 subject). What can I do
to help my son. I consider to change school for my son. Please help and
advise.

Francis


How is your son performing in school, Francis... like how are his grades
so far? Does he have any disciplinary problems before this... Disciplinary
issues aside, if your son does perform well for his tests and exams, the
teacher cannot suka-suka move him to basic class right? That will not
be fair to him and can be brought up further with the principal.

Have you asked to meet the principal and asked for her help with some
positive intervention? It looks like neither you nor the vice principal can
resolve with this "super bad tempered" teacher on your own... If all else
fails and your efforts to improve the situation is ignored, then swapping
schools is inevitable. Your son must have made friends during his time
there and you have also invested in uniforms, books and stuff for him..
and swapping will pose some more effort on your part - physically and
financially and for your son emotionally too... Different school may have
slightly different set of books.

If a change of class is possible, mebbe that might solve the problem for
now? What are the options for you... any recommendations given by the
school... the vice principal...?

Oh Francis... i really feel for you and your son... will you update us on
the developments of this problem? Hope to hear from you..

PS : What does your spouse think of the situation...

Regards,

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84


Re: yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:33 am

Dear Francis,

It is quite clear to me that the teacher may have been put off or got a scolding from the vice principal after your initial "complaint" and that may have made the problem worse.

I recommend you do the following:

1. Call the teacher out for a heart-to-heart and informal talk with you and your spouse only, and not with her bosses (eg. the vice principal). It is important that during this meeting, you do not make ANY accusations, but just outline the problems you are facing. Avoid the use of the word "YOU" as much as possible, and just use the word "WE". Also, avoid the use of the words "single out" or "targeted". Appeal to her profession as an educationist. Focus on the objective, which is the welfare of your child.

For example:
"Our son is feeling very miserable recently and has nightmares about school. When we ask him why, he tells us that he feels very stressed that he is always being punished in class. He does not really understand why he is being punished. We hope to learn more from you about his behavior in class and see if we can work together to improve his situation."

2. After the session, follow up immediately with a thank you note to the teacher, copied to the VP. It should contain the specific actions that both parties have agreed on to try out. This will put the teacher's mind at ease that she is dealing with reasonable folks who are not out to make life difficult for her.

3. Whenever something positive happen, eg. when your child improves, send thank you notes to the teacher and again, copy them to the VP.

Hope that works for you.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby buds » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:45 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Dear Francis,

It is quite clear to me that the teacher may have been put off or got a scolding from the vice principal after your initial "complaint" and that may have made the problem worse.

I recommend you do the following:

1. Call the teacher out for a heart-to-heart and informal talk with you and your spouse only, and not with her bosses (eg. the vice principal). It is important that during this meeting, you do not make ANY accusations, but just outline the problems you are facing. Avoid the use of the word "YOU" as much as possible, and just use the word "WE". Also, avoid the use of the words "single out" or "targeted". Appeal to her profession as an educationist. Focus on the objective, which is the welfare of your child.

For example:
"Our son is feeling very miserable recently and has nightmares about school. When we ask him why, he tells us that he feels very stressed that he is always being punished in class. He does not really understand why he is being punished. We hope to learn more from you about his behavior in class and see if we can work together to improve his situation."

2. After the session, follow up immediately with a thank you note to the teacher, copied to the VP. It should contain the specific actions that both parties have agreed on to try out. This will put the teacher's mind at ease that she is dealing with reasonable folks who are not out to make life difficult for her.

3. Whenever something positive happen, eg. when your child improves, send thank you notes to the teacher and again, copy them to the VP.

Hope that works for you.


Agree.. good one here, Chief.
Hopefully the teacher can get past
the yelling to agree to have this
private talk..

Possible also that the teacher has
some personal problems... :(

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22683
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84



Yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby edanson » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Dear Francis,

I have a different point of view. Personally, I feel that base on what you have written, the teacher should be professional enough not to do such a thing to your boy. But since she had done'that' (-personal grudges) to your boy, it means that she is not a professional teacher. Professional way of handling things will not work for this teacher than.

There is a saying " 'Friendship' is like a China bowl, once broken cannot make it whole. Even if you make it whole, the broken part can still be shown". The 'Friendship' here implies to your child's relationship with the teacher. Even if you talk to her, there might still be some flaws around. If your child is already in P6, then probably just ask for a change of class ( hopefully he will not meet this teacher in any of the academic subjects) , if he is only in primary one, than please change school for him. Don't let the poor boy suffer so much.

Hope my points help. All the best to you and your boy . Good Luck and take care.

edanson
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby Francis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:54 am

buds wrote:
Francis wrote:She was not happy that my son did not return the conent form to her for checking for change of date and thus not allow my son to attend. I approched the vice principle thus allow him to go.


Dear Francis,

Very sad to know of your plight right from your first post here... :cry:
Did you manage to send in the consent form on time to the class
teacher or did you only manage to send in consent form on the
day of event itself? ( You did not mention what kinda form so i am
simply guessing this form is for an excursion.... correct me if i am
wrong, ya... ) It is good that eventually, your son did manage to
go. I hope he did enjoy the time.


For your info, my son only fail his chinese since
the chinese teacher grap his collar n throw his bag on the floor n broke his
water bottle when he was in p2(without reason). Now he's in p5 with problem with this teacher. So far from p1 to p4 no compliant of him from p1 to p4. It all started with the consent form for Road Saftety programme for whole of p5 in this school. No rcommendation by th vice principle. She ask me a question before th end of the session. That is :- will teacher make mistake?

Francis
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby Francis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:58 am

jedamum wrote:how old is your kid?
can consider asking the school for a change of class for the kid?
My son is 11yrs old. have ask the vice principle for a change of class, but she just look at the list n say nothing.

Francis
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


yelling by teacher at school

Postby Francis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:26 am

Last Thursday I have call the Principle (after another yelling) just to notify him. Surprisingly, he told me some teacher are train in this way n my son should be train to take such a training(yelling).Any teacher out there, is this so??? This morning, 6/4/09, the principle call me n told me he have talk to my son n counsel the teacher n to control her temper.Everything should be fine n school(teacher) n parent should work together for the child. My son give me another version; principle,vice principle n teacher talk to him(3 against 1) that this teacher is a good teacher(via principle) n this teacher even ask my son WHO ask him to complete 83page from the math workbook(new book as he have lost the old). She have forgotten that I have written on the new book what is the target date to completed n reply by her-ASAP. Is she telling lie?????? I will wait for 1-3 week to see what is the outcome. Should I do that???

Francis
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: yelling by teacher everyday in school

Postby Francis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:35 am

buds wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:Dear Francis,

It is quite clear to me that the teacher may have been put off or got a scolding from the vice principal after your initial "complaint" and that may have made the problem worse.

I recommend you do the following:

1. Call the teacher out for a heart-to-heart and informal talk with you and your spouse only, and not with her bosses (eg. the vice principal). It is important that during this meeting, you do not make ANY accusations, but just outline the problems you are facing. Avoid the use of the word "YOU" as much as possible, and just use the word "WE". Also, avoid the use of the words "single out" or "targeted". Appeal to her profession as an educationist. Focus on the objective, which is the welfare of your child.

For example:
"Our son is feeling very miserable recently and has nightmares about school. When we ask him why, he tells us that he feels very stressed that he is always being punished in class. He does not really understand why he is being punished. We hope to learn more from you about his behavior in class and see if we can work together to improve his situation."

2. After the session, follow up immediately with a thank you note to the teacher, copied to the VP. It should contain the specific actions that both parties have agreed on to try out. This will put the teacher's mind at ease that she is dealing with reasonable folks who are not out to make life difficult for her.

3. Whenever something positive happen, eg. when your child improves, send thank you notes to the teacher and again, copy them to the VP.

Hope that works for you.


Agree.. good one here, Chief.
Hopefully the teacher can get past
the yelling to agree to have this
private talk..

Possible also that the teacher has
some personal problems... :(


For your info,the problem is, teacher in this school :- they NEVER response even if you have written a note or inform the general office for the teacher to call u(no way to contact the teacher directly).

Francis
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Working With Your Child