Grumpy school bus driver

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Grumpy school bus driver

Postby lcheong88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 pm

My son is a p1 kid and is taking school bus to school. The bus driver has been making numerous complains about my boy misbehaving in the bus. We have taken disciplinary actions & have been educating him about importance of safety while in a bus. bus driver has given a few threatens that he would want to terminate our engagement.

Does anyone faces similar challenges?

Just wonder is it not in the regulatory system to have a helper in the bus to assist & calm the kids in the school bus?

lcheong88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Grumpy school bus driver

Postby tankee » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:37 pm

According to the Rules & Regulations of Land Transport Authority, only 30 seater and above buses and school buses that ferry kindergarten / preschool children are required to provide a bus attendant.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby kids_r_innocent » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Wow tankee.. U r knowledgable yae!!

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:27 am

Hi Icheong88,
Are there any video footage available for viewing?
For a school bus driver to terminate services I suppose the misbehaving is probably getting out of hand.. .
My P2 boy records shocking videos of bullying and 'playing' on the school bus,
there is CCTV on the bus but that does not deter the boys.. :faint:
Do have a good chat with the driver.. ..

Juz me $0.02

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby lcheong88 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 am

My son changed school bus this year, so far no complains , school bus driver said my son is behaving.. Glad that I could find alternative to solve the issues:) maybe could be the chemistry ... Hmmmm...

I called the school bus company to feedback direct about the previous bus driver...

It works more effectively than going through the school'S office manager !!! Who is not helping to investigate the issues efficiently! After 1 year of numerous feedbacks.

lcheong88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby whitety » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 pm

lcheong88 wrote:My son changed school bus this year, so far no complains , school bus driver said my son is behaving.. Glad that I could find alternative to solve the issues:) maybe could be the chemistry ... Hmmmm...

I called the school bus company to feedback direct about the previous bus driver...

It works more effectively than going through the school'S office manager !!! Who is not helping to investigate the issues efficiently! After 1 year of numerous feedbacks.

Hi Icheong88,
I am also having problems with my dd's school bus driver. He is supposed to drop my dd outside my house but he refused and drop her at traffic light or anywhere he likes along the main road even when it rained heavily. I complained to my dd's school and the bus transport company. The boss of the bus company said she will ask the driver to stop outside my house but till today i'm still facing this problem. Tried asking for another bus company but the school only allows authorised bus company. How did you manage to change school bus?

Thanks!

whitety
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby lcheong88 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi yellow belt

Ask if they have alternative bus that can fetch yr kid. There are 2 or 3 pickup services for same area. I was lucky to have a later pickup time. Previous 1st pickup now last:)

Some Alternatives may be longer routes .....

lcheong88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby whitety » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:51 pm

lcheong88 wrote:Hi yellow belt

Ask if they have alternative bus that can fetch yr kid. There are 2 or 3 pickup services for same area. I was lucky to have a later pickup time. Previous 1st pickup now last:)

Some Alternatives may be longer routes .....

Thanks Icheong88,
I tried all alternatives already. So far, no improvements. My dd is also the first to be picked up and that driver comes 15mins earlier everyday. I'm going crazy with this driver.......real mental stress!

Will continue to find ways to solve the problem......

whitety
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Working With Your Child