Forgetful Daughter

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Forgetful Daughter

Postby Haywiremom » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 am

Hi
I need advice.
My daughter cant seem to focus & very forgetful. One minute I tell her A, she will forget the next minute. I tried repeating myself so I can help her to log into her head.
However, I am single parent & i am worried if one day I am gone, she will be helpless. Yes, I may have my mom & sisters to help me if I am really gone but I will like to start her from young to be independent.
Any suggestion to help?

thankyou.

Haywiremom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Forgetful Daughter

Postby smartmummy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:34 am

How old is she?

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Haywiremom » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 am

Hi smartmummy

she is 8 years old. I will make sure to ask her what she do or eat in school, she will take very long to reply (because thinking) or replied i forget. I also ask her "what did you learn in school today" and answer is dont know...i really forgotten liao..

Haywiremom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby smartmummy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Haywiremom!
My DD used to told that "don't know".Then T taught her that cannot say don't know have to think.She got the phrase "don't know" from me.Now she is better.She is now 6 years old.Did u visit the regular check up at 4 years old.If any concerns the doctor assess the child.Now also u can visit the poly.Then they will give a letter to KKS.So the charge will be cheap.I read in this forum about $35 for assess the child.Good Luck!

Better to findout in early years.Now is ur DD in P1?
How does she do her subjects?

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child