When do you allow your kid to stay overnight outside ?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

When do you allow your kid to stay overnight outside ?

Postby hardworking_mom » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:12 am

Hi,

My child is 8 now. He hardly sleeps outside our home since young. As we don't travel very often for holidays overseas(once yearly) nor does he sleep at grandparents' home, I do not know if he can adjust to sleeping outside by himself. Our chuch is organising a children camp during dec holidays at camp challenge@sembawang for 3 days 2 nights. I would like to let him try. Maybe I am already overly protective?? should let him try now? :scratchhead: btw, has anybody tried camp challenge@sembawang activities before?

thanks..

hardworking_mom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: When do you allow your kid to stay overnight outside ?

Postby Enbin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi,
Went camp challenge once. I think that was abt 3yrs back. I personally felt that the activities is not bad. But ofcos, such activities involve some risk. Dun worry, you can ask the trainers abt there activities and feedback your concern. I believe they are more than willingly to help.

Enbin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: When do you allow your kid to stay overnight outside ?

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Your church have probably done this for many yrs and have enough experience to manage the well-being of all the kids.

Most importantly, your child MUST want to go and not just because you wanted him to. Else he will be very miserable when forced to participate in group activities.

Sleeping shd not be a problem coz they will prob be very tired by end of the day.

Think most important is to remind him not to wander off by himself and always stick to the group.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child