LEARNConcierge

Raising Resilient Children

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Re: Raising Resilient Children

Postby Chenonceau » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Funz wrote:Yah, my heart ached for DD when I saw all her effort destroyed. But I am also cheered by her bouncing right back into action instead of being defeated. I am sure she will thoroughly enjoy the party especially since the whole class knew she was the one who made the pinata and then they saw how it was destroyed and were disappointed and now that DD has repaired it, plus those yummy cookies that she is bringing, I reckon she will be getting quite a fair bit of attention today. :wink:

You CLEVER Mommy! There is a lot of gentle determination in what you're doing. Kekekekekeke! Like I said, I wouldn't wanna stand in your way, Mama Bear.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Raising Resilient Children

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:29 am

markfch wrote:
Funz wrote:I'm pretty proud of her for that. But also pretty irritated with her cos she still defended L. Saying it was not L's fault, it was L's sister who destroyed the pinata. Ok, might be true and think I can learn to be more forgiving and less skeptical like DD.

I think I understand your feeling. If it were my ds, I will be upset too. As parents, we all want to protect our children and don't like it if we think they're being taken advantage of.

I recently went for a self-improvement course that taught me that when we get angry or stress, our body will generate chemicals which are toxic to our body. That's why stressed people fall sick easily. In the long run, these toxics will cause our body to fall sick and maybe even suffer from serious illnesses. In the meantime, the 'perpetrators' of our misery don't even know the irritation they caused us. So unfair right?

Your dd is so sweet and forgiving. I mean if she gets vindictive and starts cursing L, I think you'll be more worried. :sweat: Just take it that L is an inconsiderate person who's (fortunately) not going to be your dd's classmate anymore :rahrah: and stop ruminating about it.

At least we can rant our problems here and it has proven to be quite therapeutic for me. :smile:

Heard of this?
人家气我我不气,
我若气时中他计,
要是气死没人替,
想想还是别生气

Previous

Return to Working With Your Child

LEARNConcierge