LEARNConcierge

How to train children to be careful on their work?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Re: How to train children to be careful on their work?

Postby cimman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:29 pm

jedamum wrote:careless and making the same mistake over and over again is different.
my boy is careless in the sense that he made transfer errors, and error from reading his ugly handwriting.
he makes same mistake over and over again as in for the same question that he got wrong, he can get the same question (same! not similar!) wrong again when i ask him a few months later. the same goes with spelling and tingxie.
vomit blood....

we should be best buds... :smile: My boy is also in the same situation. So many careless mistakes, he can't even read his own handwriting, let alone the teacher. The worse are the transfer mistakes. Marks thrown away just like that...

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cimman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 pm

MadScientist wrote:
jedamum wrote:3-5 papers a day? :faint:
1 paper averaging 1.5hrs including checking leh.
for my boy, brain-drain after each paper....:sweat:

Yes... no kidding...
It used to be 2 papers a day... seriously takes almost the whole day.

Now, 3 papers can be sorted out in a morning.

This IS the difference when the child is self-motivated versus an external motivation (pressure).

Blessed we are, things just fell into place through a lot of adjustments and learning process. That's why I posted, so that others may look into a similar direction and hopefully find the same pot of gold.

thanks for posting your experiences. It is an inspiration.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MadScientist » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:11 pm

cimman wrote:
MadScientist wrote:
jedamum wrote:3-5 papers a day? :faint:
1 paper averaging 1.5hrs including checking leh.
for my boy, brain-drain after each paper....:sweat:

Yes... no kidding...
It used to be 2 papers a day... seriously takes almost the whole day.

Now, 3 papers can be sorted out in a morning.

This IS the difference when the child is self-motivated versus an external motivation (pressure).

Blessed we are, things just fell into place through a lot of adjustments and learning process. That's why I posted, so that others may look into a similar direction and hopefully find the same pot of gold.

thanks for posting your experiences. It is an inspiration.

You are most welcomed!

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Previous

Return to Working With Your Child

LEARNConcierge