Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Who teach ur kids? [Poll]

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Who teach ur kids academically?

Mummy
50%
Daddy
6%
Mummy nad Daddy
44%

Total votes : 52

Re: Who teach ur kids? [Poll]

Postby River » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Think it is important that both parents get involved. There is no better gift to children than having both parents nuturing them harmoniously. And the 1st 5 years are the most important years as children form their learning habits and behavior.

River
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby daddy2007 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:23 am

My spouse and I have opposite character. She is on the creative side and I am on the logical/discipline side.

My spouse is strong in language and hence she teaches my preschooler DD English & Chinese in addition to painting & music.

So I teach maths and time/financial management. To prevent teaching the wrong maths method, I will study their textbook 1st before teaching

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby daddy2007 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:24 am

River wrote:Think it is important that both parents get involved. There is no better gift to children than having both parents nuturing them harmoniously. And the 1st 5 years are the most important years as children form their learning habits and behavior.

:goodpost:

daddy2007
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:09 am

I teached my DS values, manners, good habits, Math, English when he was young. My DH teached MT as he is much better in that than me, and piano practice. I took over MT as well after realizing he is no good in teaching & my DS don't listen to him.
Now, I teach MT & ask for help from DH or Dictionary if not sure, the rest of the subjects my DS study on his own. Too cheen for me Liao. :oops:
But I very good in reminding him to study. :wink:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:32 am

daddy2007 wrote:My spouse and I have opposite character. She is on the creative side and I am on the logical/discipline side.

My spouse is strong in language and hence she teaches my preschooler DD English & Chinese in addition to painting & music.

So I teach maths and time/financial management. To prevent teaching the wrong maths method, I will study their textbook 1st before teaching

:goodpost: It is important.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:34 am

Flowermonaster wrote:I teached my DS values, manners, good habits, Math, English when he was young. My DH teached MT as he is much better in that than me, and piano practice. I took over MT as well after realizing he is no good in teaching & my DS don't listen to him.
Now, I teach MT & ask for help from DH or Dictionary if not sure, the rest of the subjects my DS study on his own. Too cheen for me Liao. :oops:
But I very good in reminding him to study. :wink:

:rotflmao:

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atutor2001 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:41 am

daddy2007 wrote:.... To prevent teaching the wrong maths method, I will study their textbook 1st before teaching
I got very worried for your kid when I read this.

atutor2001
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Previous

Return to Working With Your Child

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres