Chinese wolf dad beats 3 kids into Beijing University

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Chinese wolf dad beats 3 kids into Beijing University

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:59 pm

At the beginning of this year, the book “Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother” by Amy Chua has caused fierce discussion on traditional Chinese education methods. Recently another book “Therefore, Beijing University siblings (所以,北大兄妹) has brought a so-called wolf dad into the spotlight because he too, adopts extremely strict parenting methods and raises 4 well-behaving kids, 3 of whom get into Beijing University, one of the best universities in China. His parenting motto is “beating every 3 days gets your children into BJU”.....

Full Story @ China Hush

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Chinese wolf dad beats 3 kids into Beijing University

Postby 2ppaamm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:11 pm

How did this guy get past China's one child policy and have 4 kids?

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Maybe he just pay fine....I asked a lady from China, she told me in such cases, the family will be fined for each extra child. City folks 1 child and farmers 2 children IF first is a girl.

The amt of fine is determine by the family's income.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Wah, 4 kids, cane every 3 days per kid, means 4 times per 3 days, means every day must cane someone. So tiring. I salute this kind of parent. Tenacity and very good at keeping track who has not been caned that day. Let's hope the kids will not turn around and cane them in future when they are old and make mistakes.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Maybe he just cane all on the same day. In the WB Chinese newspaper, all the kids wear long sleeves, either the weather was cold on the day the photo was taken or the marks of caning are still visible.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:20 pm

I think if parenthood is such a torture, I'd rather not have kids, let alone 4?! Why is caning so important, and so happy for him? Psychological problem or something? Whenever I have to cane (like once in a blue, blue moon), it aches like mad.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Who knows what kind of pressure he was under, having 4 kids in a one child policy country. I guess he needed to prove that the parents' genes justified the qty?

Maybe he badly wanted a son?

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:03 am

SAHM_TAN wrote:Who knows what kind of pressure he was under, having 4 kids in a one child policy country. I guess he needed to prove that the parents' genes justified the qty?

Maybe he badly wanted a son?

ha ha! I am pressing the 'like' button.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 am

:lol:

Whatever good intentions he has for caning his kids, maybe at the back of his mind, he might be afraid of getting the same treatment when he's old. So he wrote the book, the market in China is big enough to make him a rich man if the book proves to be popular. With money in his pocket, he does not need to depend on his kids liao heehee

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 2ppaamm » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:59 am

SAHM_TAN wrote::lol:

Whatever good intentions he has for caning his kids, maybe at the back of his mind, he might be afraid of getting the same treatment when he's old. So he wrote the book, the market in China is big enough to make him a rich man if the book proves to be popular. With money in his pocket, he does not need to depend on his kids liao heehee

O yeah hor, he is building his nest egg now! I was telling DH what a hype this is.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Working With Your Child