Believe It Or Not- Seeing a medium (aka Dang3 Kee1)

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Believe It Or Not- Seeing a medium (aka Dang3 Kee1)

Postby meme2doo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:22 pm

My DD of 4 yrs old had a total change in her temperament and behaviour few weeks ago. Even the way she looks at me changes. When I talk to her, she refuses to maintain eye contact and speak to me. And she would fly into a rage when my DS of 2 y.o. goes near her. She used to be very cheerful, and very lovable. I am unsure what brought about the sudden change.

Even my parents and hubby sensed it. So, my mum advised me to bring her to a temple to see the medium - as she thinks that there is something "dirty" inside my girl. In the end, we went to this temple and the medium performed some ritual on her, gave her some talisman water, and taught me how to pray to ask the "thing" within her to go away.

Within this period, we must not scold or beat her even though she keeps antagonizing us (my mum said the "thing" will become stronger if we do that), we also cannot talk about bringing her to see the medium (else it will not be effective).

True enough, after I burnt some joss paper on the 6th day, my girl was back to normal. She no longer looks at me with that pair of stranger's eyes. :xedfingers:

I just want to share my story, and would like to find out if you have similar experiences on this. Or share your thoughts...

meme2doo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Believe It Or Not- Seeing a medium (aka Dang3 Kee1)

Postby smurfymum » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:49 pm

omg this sounds so tv material! but u do sound realistic enough so i do believe you! does ur dd have any recollection of playing with any stranger kids before you felt like she has changed? you are so brave! *salutes* :D

smurfymum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby meme2doo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Haha smurfymum, thanks! I think these are really things which you turn to in event of drastic (or dramatic) events. Especially after I have kids, I tend to develop that kind of "rather believe it than not" mentality.

She ar.. I can't have a definite recollection of when her temperament changed. The only incident was my brother was on his way back from a funeral and my mum rushed me to bring the kids home (she's the pantang kind - she wanted my kids to avoid bumping into my bro). But we met my brother at the void deck, after we came out from the lift. This incident happened around that time, but I can't be sure it is because of that. Another incident was my daughter went to kick my neighbour's josspaper bin, as we were walking past, for no reason... I will try to stay very cautious nw... hope nothing weird happens again.

I guessed I was that "brave" because all our kids are so dear to us haha

meme2doo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Luvkid » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:45 am

meme2doo wrote:Haha smurfymum, thanks! I think these are really things which you turn to in event of drastic (or dramatic) events. Especially after I have kids, I tend to develop that kind of "rather believe it than not" mentality.

She ar.. I can't have a definite recollection of when her temperament changed. The only incident was my brother was on his way back from a funeral and my mum rushed me to bring the kids home (she's the pantang kind - she wanted my kids to avoid bumping into my bro). But we met my brother at the void deck, after we came out from the lift. This incident happened around that time, but I can't be sure it is because of that. Another incident was my daughter went to kick my neighbour's josspaper bin, as we were walking past, for no reason... I will try to stay very cautious nw... hope nothing weird happens again.

I guessed I was that "brave" because all our kids are so dear to us haha

DH 100% patang on attending wakes/funeral. He insisted (if i needed to go for wakes/funeral) me upon returning from wakes/funeral,i must rinse my face & hand with "red flower plant" water. and must straight to shower including wash hair before i handle the kids. The clothes cannot be washed together with other clothes. We just choose to believe than regret...

Luvkid
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby seekingangels » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:07 pm

i do believe there are unnatural forces at work. better believe it than not, just dont get obsessed with it can le. but i guess kids must be taught from young age not to anyhow kick anything outside on the streets. even if they do accidentally kick it, they should say you guai mo guai. (please dont blame me even if there is blame to be blamed upon)

seekingangels
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby phtthp » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:47 pm

don't bring young kindergarten kids to any funeral wake.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child