How to discuss Boy Girl Relationship matter with your kid?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How to discuss Boy Girl Relationship matter with your kid?

Postby mama_mia » Wed May 06, 2009 12:10 am

Hi

My girl recently posted this question to me:
she said: mommy, i liked this boy very much, do you think i should tell him or should i wait till i am pri 6?

As i was busy with my chores, and did not want to give the std. reply. I told her i will revert to her.

Question is, my girl is only P2 this year!

Am i reading too much into her question? Try to search around on the Net, but yet to find anything and i do not want to just reply by drilling the message which my mom had told me in the past, STUDY first...or just keep quiet, hoping the matter will blow away.

Any vice?

:?:

mama_mia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 07, 2009 1:56 pm

When my elder boy was in P1, a classmate passed him a letter, telling him she loves him but since he likes xxx, she now hates him and calls him stupid.

My 2nd boy had a classmate (from childcare) who told her mum she wants to marry him.

I think girls are very vocal. Hubby says this era and next will be ruled by girls.

Few weeks ago, ST ran an interview with Jim Rogers who wrote and published a book titled "For my daughters". He said he wants to tell his daughters not to marry too young, preferably when they are 28 y.o. His rationale: young couple have yet to know themselves well, how then to handle a relationship with someone else?

I used the old message on my elder boy: study first.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mama_mia » Sun May 10, 2009 6:53 pm

thanks Jennifer.

mama_mia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Working With Your Child