advice or help needed !!

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

advice or help needed !!

Postby Bobomi » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:57 am

Hi I have a son who is 6yrs old who I really have trouble in getting him to learn to speak or write , should I be letting him write by tracing , thIngs will den be done . When coming to practicing on exercise book he simply does not write . I have no idea if he doesn't know how to write or doesn't write . With his current standard he would not be able to make it to pri 1 . And advice if I can identify what's wrong with him or if he's having some learning difficulties ? He too has problem understanding simple instructions , do I have to bring him to any counsellors or psychiatrist ? Thanks

Bobomi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: advice or help needed !!

Postby kitty2 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:20 am

Bobomi wrote:Hi I have a son who is 6yrs old who I really have trouble in getting him to learn to speak or write , should I be letting him write by tracing , thIngs will den be done . When coming to practicing on exercise book he simply does not write . I have no idea if he doesn't know how to write or doesn't write . With his current standard he would not be able to make it to pri 1 . And advice if I can identify what's wrong with him or if he's having some learning difficulties ? He too has problem understanding simple instructions , do I have to bring him to any counsellors or psychiatrist ? Thanks

Is he in Kindy?He doesn't speak or write there?Perhaps, you can train him through palying.

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Bobomi » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:23 am

He is in kindy , however he's a little too active and does not pay attention or sit still in class , even his teachers are unable to control him . Through those fun writing books he will write , however when it comes to exercise book he simply just holds on to his pencil and not move his hands to start writing ... This is making me worries loads as he have to go to Pri 1 next yr and his fundamental can be said to be those of nursery or k1 . Is there anyway that can train him to write without the help of dotted lines or any help which I can get to see if there is any difficulties he is facing that mayb even he himself is unable to express this difficulty .

Bobomi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kitty2 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:37 am

Bobomi wrote:He is in kindy , however he's a little too active and does not pay attention or sit still in class , even his teachers are unable to control him . Through those fun writing books he will write , however when it comes to exercise book he simply just holds on to his pencil and not move his hands to start writing ... This is making me worries loads as he have to go to Pri 1 next yr and his fundamental can be said to be those of nursery or k1 . Is there anyway that can train him to write without the help of dotted lines or any help which I can get to see if there is any difficulties he is facing that mayb even he himself is unable to express this difficulty .

I've PM you

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child