Does your child care about you?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Does your child care about you?

Postby rocklee » Mon May 18, 2009 10:10 am

Last weekend, I had diarrhoea after dinner and was in and out of the toilet several times. Eventually, I rested on my bed, all curled up because of the stomach pain. My son came to my bedroom and he was very worried to see me in that state. So he asked,"Mummy, are you going to die?" I assured him that I was alright, just needed some rest. He quickly whispered in my ears,"Mummy, please take care of yourself and have a good sleep." I was so touched. Those words were probably the best" medicine". On several other occasions, I also saw him cheering up his brother who was upset over something in school. I was so glad that my boy knows how to show concern for his family members. Such are the moments which I feel very rewarding as a parent.

How about you parents? Have your children uttered any sweet words to you that make your day?

Re: Does your child care about you?

Postby jedamum » Mon May 18, 2009 10:21 am

rocklee wrote:Have your children uttered any sweet words to you that make your day?

Sometimes when my boy reaches home from school, he said he missed me during school. :wink: That is sweet enough for me. :D

Postby eyeosh » Mon May 18, 2009 3:43 pm

rocklee wrote:Have your children uttered any sweet words to you that make your day?

When my son was 3, he told me one day that he nearly cried in school that day cos he missed me. I taught him to generate that negative feeling into something positive by either writing me a note or drawing me a picture. Till now, 2 years on, he still sometimes comes home from school with love notes and interesting drawings for me. I keep them all with care. My folder is bursting to the brim but it makes my day all the time.

Postby schellen » Mon May 18, 2009 4:21 pm

My DD will write me and sashimi little notes occasionally. I will either stick them up where I can see, eg, wardrobe door, bedside wall/shelf or pass them to sashimi who has a box to keep her notes and drawings, stories, sketches, crafts, etc.

I agree that these notes can really brighten my day, be they sweet, funny or quirky.

Postby winth » Mon May 18, 2009 6:18 pm

My boy will draw pictures of the 4 of us and writes us messages like 'I love Daddy & Mummy & DS2' or 'Daddy & Mummy loves DS1 & DS2'.

He'll draw all sorts of pictures and I'll paste those on our store-room door to display his works. He gets really encouraged and drew more...

Once he drew 4 houses and 4 cars (proportionately to indicate our size-differences) and said that we will each have a big house to stay in and nice sports cars to drive in. DH quickly corrected him that the 4 of us could live in one house and drive in one big car.

But we own the other 3 houses and 3 sports cars. :lol: (really dun mind man!)

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 18, 2009 9:03 pm

I have this video of my 2.5yo girl totally engrossed in her Leappad writing toy and then my wife coughed in the background and she went like "Mummy... are you ok?" without even looking up.

Does that count? :love:

Site Admin

Postby ZacK » Mon May 18, 2009 9:51 pm

Just a few days back DS1 wrote a note for everyone in the family (me, DW, DS2, MIL and maid included)

Each of the note came with a picture that he drew that he could identify us with.

For me and DW, our notes were "I love you papa/mama very very much" etc... DS2 got something like "I love you and you are very cute"... Our maid got "I like you because you take care of DS2 very well" ... My MIL however got "Thank you for cooking food for me..." nothing of the lovey dovey sort... So she was like huh??!! Just cooking ah??!! :stupid: hahaha of cos she tried not to show it to DS1 lar :P

Postby Jennifer » Tue May 19, 2009 12:09 pm

No love notes from the boys :wink:

Last night, elder one chided the younger bro for digging into the bowl of potato: You take the bottom potato, leave the top cold ones for Mama to eat later? I was quite touched.

I have a rash breakout on my face, very itchy and painful when the weather is hot. Just yesterday I commented that the clothes are not drying fast enough becos the sun has gone into hiding. Younger boy then said: But the weather good for your face mah. Does this count he cares for me :wink:

Postby sashimi » Tue May 19, 2009 1:24 pm

Well I know my daughter cares for me cos sometimes when I get angry with her, after she has finished sulking she would come back to me and ask for my forgiveness and a hug. I do the same to her when I feel I have done something wrong to her.

Couple of times she has even tucked us, tired and weary, into bed and patted us to sleep. :)

Postby Bowie » Tue May 19, 2009 1:38 pm

Here's a moment to share when my gal was 2yo.

One dayI got a BIG blister after wearing my new shoes to office.

I put on a plaster and decided to give up on XX shoes. in the evening, I was on the mat with my DD, playing some games before sleeping time.

She turned very concern suddenly. "Mummy, what happen to ur leg?" I look at my feet and realized my gal was staring at the plaster.

"Mummy, when you walk you must be careful ok? Must look out for people ok?"

My heart melts... :love:

Return to Working With Your Child