Water Bottle

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Water Bottle

Postby xueyan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi

Can mommies recommend a good quality water bottle for children everyday use. I have changed 4 water bottles since last year as they are always leaking after use for some time. This is really irritating. So i thought of getting a good one and save the trouble to keep shopping for water bottle.

Thanks!

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Water Bottle

Postby jnlmommy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi there. I've been using Rubbermaid - easy to clean and BPA-free. Just have to make sure it snaps close. Of course, it will eventually leak after continued use.

I bought half a dozen when it was on sale, because I KNOW the kids will lose the bottle at some point :)

jnlmommy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cherrygal » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:45 pm

You can try Smash brand. Quite durable and fashionable looking. Available at BHG.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby spwriting » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Try Nalgenes? get the real ones as opposed to the look alikes because of BPA and what not? They can withstand drops, throwing. Nalgenes have the screw types and the one with the nozzle. I use the nozzle one with my two younger kids and they work great. Once you close the outer cover, it snaps the inside one shut.

My oldest is a chewer so those don't work well. So if your kid chews on their bottles, better not get those with the spout or the rubber maid ones. They will bite until the thing flat!

xueyan wrote:Hi

Can mommies recommend a good quality water bottle for children everyday use. I have changed 4 water bottles since last year as they are always leaking after use for some time. This is really irritating. So i thought of getting a good one and save the trouble to keep shopping for water bottle.

Thanks!

spwriting
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hquek » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:05 pm

I bought metal types ones from Isetan. More sturdy and I won't have to worry about bpa. Eg brands are endo and can't remember which. May not be ex. About 10ish. It definitely lasts longer than the usual Ben ten types and if my kids like, I buy stickers for them to customize.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby cnimed » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:28 am

I use Endo as well. The main reason is that it can keep drinks cold or warm. On hot days, I will add a couple of ice cubes to help my older son cool down (the school bus is quite hot). For my younger son it is the opposite. His kindy is air conditioned, so I put warm water in for him, and he will also request for warm water when he has a slight cough.

However it is heavier than the usual plastic or non-insulating metal water bottle but both my children insist that they don't mind the extra weight.
cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby toddles » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:13 am

ikwym... feel yr pain... i've also gone through so many waterbottles!

mine has gone through soooooooooo many (admittedly over a couple of years). All straw bottles, all claim not to leak but almost all did.

(i) Thermos Foogo BPA free
(ii) Munchkin flip grip
(iii) TheFirstYears
(iv) No-brand waterbottle 500ml (with cartoon designs, press white square button near cap and cap pops out) - cap spring mechanism spoilt after less than 3 months
(v) No brand waterbottle 400ml (straw got chewed till torn)
(vi) Munchkin 9 oz tall flip top
(vii) Nuby

I just bought a Tommy Tippee insulated straw water bottle, and another Playtex (click and seal - looks very tok kong) one as backup, cos when one goes out of action, really need another one quick!

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Water Bottle

Postby happyandhealthy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:48 pm

hi My son uses Tupperware. It comes with a sling bag. Besides quality, I find it good because it's wide enough to put your hand into the water bottle to wash it. Moreover if the cap or bottle is broken, you can get it change for free.

happyandhealthy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby blueblue » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 pm

I bought Thermos metal bottle for my son. It also comes with a sling bag. Very durable like some mentioned. Best of all, don't have to worry about BPA.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Working With Your Child