All About Puberty

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
FishFingers
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: All About Puberty

Post by FishFingers » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:49 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:Imp, i hope not so early. ff's girl is p5 only if i m correct. thought of putting into a little pouch coz dunno what it will become after awhile :sweat:
No need to do it so far in advance. All schools have emergency supplies, and for the first time, she will need some guidance from a teacher if it happens in school. You might want to let her know that she can approach any female teacher if she needs to. Just hope that it happens when she's at home!
I was also curious if it happens in school.Maybe I should speak to DD's form teacher tomorrow about this though.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:235

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:11 pm

FishFingers wrote:I was also curious if it happens in school.Maybe I should speak to DD's form teacher tomorrow about this though.
Every school with girls in this age range must have preparations for this to happen. They usually have spare uniforms and necessary supplies. I remember it happening to my classmates when I was in school too.

FishFingers
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by FishFingers » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:43 am

slmkhoo wrote:
FishFingers wrote:I was also curious if it happens in school.Maybe I should speak to DD's form teacher tomorrow about this though.
Every school with girls in this age range must have preparations for this to happen. They usually have spare uniforms and necessary supplies. I remember it happening to my classmates when I was in school too.
I am relieved to hear that haha.But DD1 should be prepared since she helped DD2 with her first menses.

rosemaryherb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rosemaryherb » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:43 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
you'll be surprised! most schools don't have these prepared! They do have sanitary napkins though.

siling
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by siling » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:10 pm

rosemaryherb wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:
you'll be surprised! most schools don't have these prepared! They do have sanitary napkins though.
we shall give feedback to girls schools and ministry of education.

rosemaryherb
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rosemaryherb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 pm

haha you wish MOE will do a thing about this. anything that involves sex education will be discussed in MOE's meeting rooms for years until people even forget the main issue. I guess we mums just have to keep an eye especially when they are around this age

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 pm

rosemaryherb wrote:haha you wish MOE will do a thing about this. anything that involves sex education will be discussed in MOE's meeting rooms for years until people even forget the main issue. I guess we mums just have to keep an eye especially when they are around this age
I will have to teach both girls about on how to handle when they are at home and in school next year.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by micollh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:19 am

Averagely now what's the age when girl has Menses ? My time all 12-13

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:248

Post by phtthp » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:06 am

Around P5 or P6, aged around 11

Depend

Some come earlier, in P5
Some come later, in Sec 1 or 2

Normally, come around P6

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:129

Post by lee_yl » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:52 am

I had mine in P6 and my DD1 also had hers in P6. P5 DD2 not yet even though some of her classmates already had theirs. Definitely not hereditary but more like diet, depending on what you feed your kids. On the whole, I would think that girls generally have their menses earlier than our generation.

For those who watched channel 8, 小当家,look at those undernourished girls in Cambodia, 13 yo looks like only 7yo, understandably, their menses could come later.