All About Puberty

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Re: All About Puberty

Post by vinegar » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:20 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:I got mine rather late. sec 2 year end. my friends teased me say i need go see doctor.
Me too. I hv my menses when i was 15. I thought i was abnormal.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:57

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 am

vinegar wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:I got mine rather late. sec 2 year end. my friends teased me say i need go see doctor.
Me too. I hv my menses when i was 15. I thought i was abnormal.
I was one of the latest among friends..so the 'not very sure' tell another 'not very sure' that may need to see doctor. like hit toto when got it :lol:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by Estéema » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 am

DC hit puberty late P5. Me suspect the love of chicken wings speed it up. Hormones injected into chicken accelerate it? :scratchhead:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:42

Post by MyPillow » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 am

Estéema wrote:DC hit puberty late P5. Me suspect the love of chicken wings speed it up. Hormones injected into chicken accelerate it? :scratchhead:
It’s a hear say “ myth”
My dc loves chick wings since Todd but he din have “grow “ till Sec 1
Once the grow button is turn on, he keep growing in height only.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Estéema » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 am

MyPillow wrote:
Estéema wrote:DC hit puberty late P5. Me suspect the love of chicken wings speed it up. Hormones injected into chicken accelerate it? :scratchhead:
It’s a hear say “ myth”
My dc loves chick wings since Todd but he din have “grow “ till Sec 1
Once the grow button is turn on, he keep growing in height only.

His mother give him kampong chicken only? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Joanne25
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Joanne25 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:58 am

I've heard this so many times. Some say it's true some would say it's just a myth. There's still no scientific reason if this is really true. My little boy likes chicken wings a lot but he's not in a puberty stage yet. I guess I'll wait and see. :)

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Estéema » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:51 am

Guess my boy eats one too many chicken wings. Almost everyday - grilled chicken wings, steam chicken wings, teriyaki chicken wings, 南乳 chicken wings, broiled chicken wings. Tried to dissuade but he just wants it. So let him hv his fun. :sweat:

Ya, just some sector talking abt the growth hormone injections on commercial chickens. We've since stepped down to kampong chickens. Hv not venture to check for any studies proof.

CocoTutors
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by CocoTutors » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Let your Child pick up Sports in Pri/Sec/JC while they are still having puberty. It is a great time for them to cultivate their lifelong interest, and also a good way for them to continue keeping fit later in their lives.

I picked up Canoeing in Secondary School and continued all the way to JC. Great way to keep your kids out of trouble since they spend their time playing Sports and keeping fit. They will also be less likely to be addicted to Computer Games as they would be too tired when they reach home after Sports.

Sports I definitely recommend your Child picking up: Touch Rugby, Rugby, Track, Cross Country, Canoeing, Volleyball, Basketball, Frisbee, Waterpolo, Swimming

Brenda3700
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Brenda3700 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:03 am

My son is about to turn 10. he's not at all in puberty, yet. I'am so not ready for this :smile:

BranT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by BranT » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:14 am

CocoTutors wrote:Let your Child pick up Sports in Pri/Sec/JC while they are still having puberty. It is a great time for them to cultivate their lifelong interest, and also a good way for them to continue keeping fit later in their lives.

I picked up Canoeing in Secondary School and continued all the way to JC. Great way to keep your kids out of trouble since they spend their time playing Sports and keeping fit. They will also be less likely to be addicted to Computer Games as they would be too tired when they reach home after Sports.

Sports I definitely recommend your Child picking up: Touch Rugby, Rugby, Track, Cross Country, Canoeing, Volleyball, Basketball, Frisbee, Waterpolo, Swimming
I totally agree! Sports is one good way to motivate your child to live healthy. I see to it that my child engage to a sport he's interested in. Always show your support too that will help your child a lot! :goodpost: