All About Puberty

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.
lylamorris
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Puberty

Post by lylamorris » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Don't worry it's just periods and it happens with every girl at its time. I understand that as the mother you worried but if your daughter sees you stressed then how she handles herself now this is the right time to become a friend of your daughter and teach her to handle periods normally and how it is beneficial. Yes, there is a pain but it teaches us to be patient. If you're confused then just read this article it helps you to talk to your daughter https://www.lylamorris.com/how-to-talk- ... st-period/ Don't panic just congratulate her on her new journey.

octbride
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by octbride » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:50 am

Hi
My daughter is going p6 next year. Face starts to pop out pimples and even have hair at armpit already

Wanted to check with mummies out there

1) face wash? Moisturizer ? Pimple cream? What products or daily care routine should I use?

2) do you bring ur kids to saloon for hair removal?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by Estéema » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:24 am

octbride wrote:Hi
My daughter is going p6 next year. Face starts to pop out pimples and even have hair at armpit already

1) face wash? Moisturizer ? Pimple cream? What products or daily care routine should I use?

Try Clinelle ‘s Blemish Clear for pimples. It’s clear and leaves no trace that u’re using so can use anytime after cleaning face. Heals very fast with only a dot on pimples. Not sure still sold in Spore but I get my supplies fr a frd who brings back fr Msia.

The other issue, I leave u to make yr executive decision. Lol :lol:

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by zac's mum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:54 am

octbride wrote:Hi

For face wash, I think she needs to start using the type “for oily skin”. And start to let her choose a deodorant (whether spray type or roll-on liquid or dry stick type - try a few and see).

Hair removal - I see quite a few mums bringing their teenage daughters these days to salon and paying for the package. But please check with the salon therapist what’s a suitable age to start. Sometimes if too young just started puberty, not all the hair has grown out. So any “permanent” hair removal method may not last. Wasting your money.

Your daughter may also need to explain to the nurse during her school checkup. One of the items they check for (to determine how far normal puberty has progressed) is sparsity/density of hair growth. I recall once I started shaving my armpit hair the nurse was like “Eh? Why last year have but this year don’t have??”

Jann Phonics
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Jann Phonics » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:40 pm

You can buy from Watson "ACNE CLEAR" pimple treatment cream. It comes in a small tube.
My boy has oily breakout on his face too and this helps to bring under control. Moreover it is beige in colour so can camouflage the acnes.

Jann Phonics
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Jann Phonics » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 pm

You can buy from Watson "ACNE CLEAR" pimple treatment cream. It comes in a small tube.
My boy has oily breakout on his face too and this helps to bring under control. Moreover it is beige in colour so can camouflage the acnes.

Alex75
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Alex75 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:25 pm

Jann Phonics wrote:You can buy from Watson "ACNE CLEAR" pimple treatment cream. It comes in a small tube.

Hello Jann, thanks for sharing. Is this effective? How long did it take for the product to take effect? I badly need this for my teenage son who's experiencing the same problem

Fransiska
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Fransiska » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi, I see that everyone is quite concerned with pimples. I used to have a lot of pimples on my face last year due to hormonal imbalance and side effects of a certain medicine that I took. But after coming across a sort-of-TCM recipe and tried to make the ‘medicine’ myself, my face really got better (for a span of 3-7 days). If you are interested to find out about the recipe, please feel free to contact me @81889318 (I think it is better for me to provide the information personally to those who need it rather than publicise it here).

Best regards,
Dian Fransiska

uckupxxx
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by uckupxxx » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Acnes are generally huge problem during puberty period. Almost all kinds have them. It needs to be addressed as soon as possible otherwise it can produce some skin problems in later period

EstherP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by EstherP » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 am

This tip might be helpful. Gently wash your face twice a day. Use your fingertips (not a washcloth) and lukewarm water. Use a gentle non-soap cleanser one time and a 2 1/2% benzoyl peroxide wash the other time. It works on my son's face.