Games that trains thinking and/or educational

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Games that trains thinking and/or educational

Postby nkthen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Can anyone recommend games that my kids can play which are educational in nature?

iPad/iPhone games, board games, etc.

I don't want them to watch TV all the time.

nkthen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Games that trains thinking and/or educational

Postby Okosbaba » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Wii Big Brain Academy.. (though they need to be a little older) Xbox Kinetic Body and Brain Connection. DS loves playing but not either of these.. (similar to Schichida Method..) but not easy.. hence DS 4 doesn't really get into it like KIRBY..

Okosbaba
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby cherrygal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Even if educational, I wouldn't suggest letting the kids play too much with the ipad, phone, PC or wii, xbox etc. Can cause addiction and bad for the eyes.

Depending on the age of the kid, I like to buy building blocks and masak masak to encourage imagination and creativity. Good for motor skills too. Board games and card games are good for older kids. Scrabble, Uno, Jenga etc.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Puzzles for sure :smile:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby starrysky321 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:43 am

i think interaction with parents, adult and kids is the best way to stimulate children interest and thirst for knowledge. All kinds of puzzle games will work IF the parents are involved, younger age children will have to be instructed and stimulated along the way till they are a bit older. i have seen parents who spoil their kids with expensive gadgets but never participate their activities, so this will not be effective and fruitful at all.

my friend who works in gifted school in switzerland suggested me to bring children to visit museum, get them explore to all kind of knowledge as much as possible when they are young and encourage them to discover their strength and interest.

hope this info will help you.

starrysky321
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Working With Your Child