Complaining about Tuitions

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Complaining about Tuitions

Postby Pignite » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:47 am

Hi all,

DS came back and complained about his tuition as follows:

1) Math ~ problem sum is just too difficult I cannot understand what the teacher is talking about. :siao:

2) Science ~ i know my concept and answer is right but why can't the teacher accept my answer ??? e.g he put liquid but tutor marked wrong and insisted it should be "water" another one is air & gases :sweat:

3) English ~ ..he loves it :please:

4) Chinese only take oral class...so far he is happy. He stopped chinese enrichment after he got very unhappy with the chinese tutor. His complain? she is just to fierce :nunchuk:

Anyone has the same problems like my son??? :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Pignite
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Complaining about Tuitions

Postby tutormum » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 pm

I suggest that you talk to his teacher on point 1. Is the level of difficulty beyond him or the teacher's method of teaching made him catch no ball?
For point 2 - pls post question if not, not possible to advise why his teacher doesn't accept his answer.
Honestly, most if not all students will tell you that they hate studying. We have to find ways to engage them. Too fierce, students hate the teachers, too lenient, students climb over the teachers' heads. Got to strike a balance. Trust me, tutoring is not an easy job.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Complaining about Tuitions

Postby pair » Fri May 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Actually most of the time kids cannot explain their problems to the teacher and if your son told his problems regarding his studies then you must talk with his teacher and request her to elaborate the things with nice and interactive example.

pair
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Working With Your Child