What age to give stationery for kid?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

What age to give stationery for kid?

Postby Oppsgal » Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm

When should I start to prepare a pencil box fill with stationery for my kid? Do kids need to bring own pencils and erasers to school in kindergarten?

What sort of stationery to put inside the pencil box?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: What age to give stationery for kid?

Postby fightingmom » Thu May 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Oppsgal,

I have nieces and nephews studying in nursery and kindergartens... the stationery is provided by the school (at least in my nieces and nephews case). Pri 1 then you need to buy a proper pencil box for your child. :smile:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Thu May 03, 2012 9:12 pm

fightingmom wrote:Hi Oppsgal,

I have nieces and nephews studying in nursery and kindergartens... the stationery is provided by the school (at least in my nieces and nephews case). Pri 1 then you need to buy a proper pencil box for your child. :smile:

Thanks... I am thinking of getting stationery for my kid... think too soon. :smile: Have to wait for years later.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fightingmom » Thu May 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Oppsgal wrote:
fightingmom wrote:Hi Oppsgal,

Thanks... I am thinking of getting stationery for my kid... think too soon. :smile: Have to wait for years later.

hahaha... i know the excitement of pondering and choosing stationery for our little ones... if your child is still young, i would suggest getting a thicker pencil for easy gripping (if you want your child to do some coloring or simple writing at home :smile: )

Happy shopping :wink:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mgnvr » Sat May 05, 2012 9:28 am

DD1 Kindy asked us to prepare a pencil case with pencils, erasers, ruler and sharpener and a box of colour pencils when she started K2 to prepare them for responsibility and ownership.

The school will still continue to provide stationery to use in class.

mgnvr
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Oppsgal » Sat May 05, 2012 8:06 pm

mgnvr wrote:DD1 Kindy asked us to prepare a pencil case with pencils, erasers, ruler and sharpener and a box of colour pencils when she started K2 to prepare them for responsibility and ownership.

The school will still continue to provide stationery to use in class.

Then I will prepare the stationery once my kid reach K2. Right now only give water pens to my kid.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Sat May 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Oppsgal wrote:
Then I will prepare the stationery once my kid reach K2. Right now only give water pens to my kid.

So fun to shop for kids. The excitement, the thrill when you spot something not commonly found in shops and grab it for the kids.

Btw, what is water pen? :?

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm

LOLMum wrote:
Oppsgal wrote:

So fun to shop for kids. The excitement, the thrill when you spot something not commonly found in shops and grab it for the kids.

The one that can put in water from tap and start to doodle on a mat. :smile:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Sun May 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Oh,,,,,,, sounds fun......... :lol:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fightingmom » Sun May 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Oppsgal wrote:
LOLMum wrote:
Oppsgal wrote:

The one that can put in water from tap and start to doodle on a mat. :smile:

Cool ! Where do you get those water pens ? Thinking of getting some for my nieces and nephews :please:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Working With Your Child