How old to give proper furniture to kid?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How old to give proper furniture to kid?

Postby Oppsgal » Sun May 13, 2012 3:05 pm

I am thinking when should I upgrade my kid to use a proper study table with lamp and a proper bed?

My kid need to be how old then I can get these furniture? If I get a proper study table, my kid might climb up and down, same for a single size bed.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: How old to give proper furniture to kid?

Postby cherrygal » Sun May 13, 2012 5:49 pm

My ds had a proper bed and study table at age 5. That was when we successfully got him to sleep alone and stay in his own room.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sun May 13, 2012 5:56 pm

My kid is already sleeping alone, so not sure should upgrade to a proper bed?

Wonder roll off bed when sleep? Need to put mattress on the floor?

Do you give those cute design bed and desk or go straight to a adult single bed and adult design desk?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 am

actualy I feel it's good to start early. I feel that they should have proper place to read and do their work....so that they have proper sitting posture and lighting. Ceiling light usually not bright enough, esp after some months of use.

As for bed, can consider buying a 6" spring mattress and just put it on the floor without any bed frame if scare of falling off the bed.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Canvas » Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 am

Our apartment is quite small so DS only has a proper study room this year (primary 3) and because of that arrangement, everyone sleep together in the master room. If I could, I'd have done that much earlier, like just before primary 1 because the kids need a proper table to do homework on.

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Quizzer » Fri May 18, 2012 2:01 am

I just got a bunk bed/ warerobe/ table set for my 5 year old ds 2 months ago.
We feel it's just nice and the right time to buy him all these since we just shift into our new house and he's old enough to have his own room and furniture. We plan to have all these for him cos we want to provide a comfortable and "stable " environment for him and let him take ownership of his own things.

Quizzer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby adoreachild » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:33 pm

It depends on the nature of your son. If he is extremely naughty then you have to wait and when he will be of 5 years or more when he will start to study sincerely then only give. Otherwise you can give it at the age of 4 also. Don't keep any [url]baby toys[/url] in his room otherwise he will start playing with those.

[Mod's note: external URL removed]

adoreachild
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Working With Your Child