Primary 4 girl changing phase?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Primary 4 girl changing phase?

Postby Joy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:03 am

Hello

My p4 girl is going through a big changes .She is no longer listening and has become rebellious, be it in terms of works or attitudes.

Her focussing power is no longer as good as what she used to beQuality of work she produced also dropped tremdendously.Lots of careless mistakes and when you pointed out, she will give all the excuses...

Anyone going through this stage?When come to have fun, you dont see all this problem in the fun...Is this a growing up phase?What should i do?thanks

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby daisyt » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 am

Hi Hi joy, change of attitute and become rebellious is very common and its a matter of time. At P4, maybe a bit too early. My own experience for my girl is at P6.

I suggest, you could sit down, 1 to 1 talk to her seriously about the changes on her that you have noticed and list them down. I feel that talking to her about your feelings is important too.

Did you observe if the change is due to friends or classmates ? Kids at this age like to learn from each other and get influence. Or other factors eg. TV programme ?

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Joy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:43 pm

thanks daisyt.

Am still trying to cope with this situation and have replied your email.

rgds

daisyt wrote:Hi Hi joy, change of attitute and become rebellious is very common and its a matter of time. At P4, maybe a bit too early. My own experience for my girl is at P6.

I suggest, you could sit down, 1 to 1 talk to her seriously about the changes on her that you have noticed and list them down. I feel that talking to her about your feelings is important too.

Did you observe if the change is due to friends or classmates ? Kids at this age like to learn from each other and get influence. Or other factors eg. TV programme ?

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Working With Your Child