Any impact if i transfer my child out to a new kindergarten?

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Any impact if i transfer my child out to a new kindergarten?

Postby mummy2008 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 am

Hi All,

Do your kids have difficulties to adjust a new environment?

I intend to transfer my kid out from her current kindergarten, because the new kindy is very near to my workplace despite the new kindy is much better (programme, teachers, etc) than current one.

Will it be hard to the child?

I have talked to my kid and even have brought her to the new place. Initially she is like it so much and in fact she has told to her classmates and teachers that she will move to a new kindy by next year :sweat:

When i spoke with her again before i register, she still wants to stay in the current kindy...because i said that her cousin wont move over, and she will have new friends and teachers, and might not see current classmates and teachers very often once move to a new place. Did i scare her? :slapshead:
But she is very happy to have new friends...she said she likes new friends.

To me, K1 and K2 is important to prepare them for Primary School. I dont wish she feels no interest with school once i move her out.

What should i do? Any advise or point of view?
:?:

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Any impact if i transfer my child out to a new kindergar

Postby cantbearit2 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:03 am

mummy2008 wrote:Hi All,

Do your kids have difficulties to adjust a new environment?

I intend to transfer my kid out from her current kindergarten, because the new kindy is very near to my workplace despite the new kindy is much better (programme, teachers, etc) than current one.

Will it be hard to the child?

I have talked to my kid and even have brought her to the new place. Initially she is like it so much and in fact she has told to her classmates and teachers that she will move to a new kindy by next year :sweat:

When i spoke with her again before i register, she still wants to stay in the current kindy...because i said that her cousin wont move over, and she will have new friends and teachers, and might not see current classmates and teachers very often once move to a new place. Did i scare her? :slapshead:
But she is very happy to have new friends...she said she likes new friends.

To me, K1 and K2 is important to prepare them for Primary School. I dont wish she feels no interest with school once i move her out.

What should i do? Any advise or point of view?
:?:

Hi mummy2008,

my DD was transferred from a full day childcare to a half day kindy in K1. Now 7 mths oredi, she is coping v well wif new frenz, new trs & new environment.

I tink it depends on individual child. But generally I felt tat children r more adaptable than we tink. As parents, we noe our child best. If u really tink it's better to change & yur child is not too resistant 2 e idea, then u prob shld. Watever yur decision, gd luck!!! :smile:

cantbearit2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 pm

My dd1 attended different kindy in K1 & K2. She definitely had to change school at end of K2 to go P1 anyway. So I told her to take the switch as practice for p1 when I asked her to hop over to a nearer kindy in K2. No transition problem

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy so kiasu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:10 pm

You should focus on the good things. Tell her that she will make lots of new friends. May be you could request for a trial session & let her have a feel of the new environment. Let the teacher "make friend" with her & introduce some new friends to her.

Let her bring some tibits to share with her new friends. Some ice breaking games will help her to warm up to the new environment & new people she meets.

If she is the friendly & chatty type, most probably she will adapt to it easily. Don't forget to praise her for her effort. If she is the shy type, then she will need some time to adjust. Remember to give her encouragement. All the best to you & your child.
Last edited by mummy so kiasu on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes, agree that the period of transition will depend on the child's character. Whether they are introvert or extrovert. For introvert, it probably just take 1 friend to make the child feel at home. But don't worry, children do adapt well and they make friends easily when they start to play with each other. Don't underestimate them.

My dd moved from one branch to another (same kindy) when she was K1. She was in the other kindy from pre-nursery to K1 so they sort of "grew up" together. During the transition period, we will check with teachers if she is coping well particularly from social aspect. We would encourage her to sit with her friends and play with them when we drop her off at school.

We also encouraged her to get to know her friends. Eg. play games like how many friends/ names does she know. So when she reach 10, we gave her a sticker, etc.... it's more to encourage her to put in conscious effort to get to know her friends.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mummy2008 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:47 pm

It's such a relieve after i read all ur posts...very appreciate your comments =)

Really many thanks to u all....we hope that everything will go smoothly.

mummy2008
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Working With Your Child