How do you plan daily schedule with your kindergartener

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How do you plan daily schedule with your kindergartener

Postby clioclio » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:27 pm

:thankyou: Hihi,
Want to ask parents out there if you and your child work out a daily schedule/timetable together? What age do you start?

This N-day long holiday, i wrote on the whiteboard what was the 'itinerary' for the day (ie. Breakfast/Shower/Free choice --while i put bb down for nap/homework/lunch/etc) for my 5 yr old and 3 yr old girls...

My older girl loved it and asked for the daily schedule to be written down every day since (so that makes it for the past 4 days)...
i thought that it is a good idea and i know there are children out there who write down their timetable...

Any to share? Thanks in advance!! :thankyou:

Re: How do you plan daily schedule with your kindergartener

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:44 pm

I always had an unwritten timetable with my kids. Main items would be the usual - meals, bath, nap, bed etc. There would be a block every morning and afternoon where we would do things like go to the library, supermarket, playground etc. They were used to the routine which we followed almost every day. Just a note of warning - if you have a child who really loves routine and gets upset by changes, writing it all down may not be a good idea if it gets 'set in stone' too much. I have a daughter who got upset whenever anything changed from what she expected, so I had to intentionally alter the routine slightly now and again just to help her learn how to deal with changes.

Return to Working With Your Child