How much time you spent with your child

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

How much time you spent with your child

Postby akrtutor » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:51 pm

I want from every parents to share here, how much time they spent to their child. Because in today's busy life most of the parents don't have time for their children.

akrtutor
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: How much time you spent with your child

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:58 pm

We spent all our free time with our DS since he was borned.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fightingmom » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 pm

DH and I spend most of our free time with our dd.

Fridays are our "ladies nite" ... That is , I have my dd to myself where we usually go for shopping followed by ice-cream or cakes treat.

Saturdays evenings usually are movies nite for the 3 of us or sometimes, if dd prefers to spend the weekend with her maternal grandparents , then will be our couple time.

Sundays are exercise day or family day where we either go beach, Go books hunting in bookshops, visit my parents or spend time with my siblings and their families.

Have been like this many years except this year - we did a bit of adjustment due to PSLE prep.

:smile:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lynn2010 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Every evening, i'll spend about 15 min to half an hour talking to them (DD1 & DD2). It depends, sometimes, they havent completed their homework.... so it's not i'm busy, but they are busy!

Saturday - morning (they sleep in), afternoon does their homework or tuition. Evening, I send DD2 for bible lesson, we took public transport. So, we will talk and discuss anything.

Sunday - church service in the morning. Afternoon and evening depends on what they want to do.

Now and then i'll bring each of them out for shopping. Usually during the sch hols.

DH is busy with work, so i have to do the job. Kids do not have much time these days. It is quite difficult to find time that all are free. We cant even find the time to go for holidays during June hols, therefore, the only time is first 2 weeks of Dec. [not even end of Nov]

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mummy so kiasu » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:10 pm

fightingmom wrote:DH and I spend most of our free time with our dd.

Fridays are our "ladies nite" ... That is , I have my dd to myself where we usually go for shopping followed by ice-cream or cakes treat.

Saturdays evenings usually are movies nite for the 3 of us or sometimes, if dd prefers to spend the weekend with her maternal grandparents , then will be our couple time.

Sundays are exercise day or family day where we either go beach, Go books hunting in bookshops, visit my parents or spend time with my siblings and their families.

Have been like this many years except this year - we did a bit of adjustment due to PSLE prep.

Wow.. Quality family time. Your dd must be very close to you & your hubby. I am a stay at home mum. I spend a lot of time coaching my P1 girl on her homework & spelling, as well as my P6 boy on his homework. My home is not so peaceful, my two kids often play & quarrel with each other. We will spend quality time together as a family over the weekends, such as visiting the parks, eating out & shopping. No matter how busy we are, we should still try to spend some quality time with our kids. Bonding or family time is very important to every family.

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mychildren » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 pm

All my time is with the children, unless I'm facing the stove or wash basin or in the toilet or surfing the net or private time with DH...... (children forbidden) or when they are in school. Small one sometimes still with me while I'm in toilet bathing or doing small or big business (she cannot be alone). :wink:

My own private time : in slumberland
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fightingmom » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:23 pm

mummy so kiasu wrote:
fightingmom wrote:DH and I spend most of our free time with our dd.

Wow.. Quality family time. Your dd must be very close to you & your hubby. I am a stay at home mum. I spend a lot of time coaching my P1 girl on her homework & spelling, as well as my P6 boy on his homework. My home is not so peaceful, my two kids often play & quarrel with each other. We will spend quality time together as a family over the weekends, such as visiting the parks, eating out & shopping. No matter how busy we are, we should still try to spend some quality time with our kids. Bonding or family time is very important to every family.

Yes, mummy so kiasu, we try to spend as much time we have with our dd as possible. We foresee she might have busier school schedule next year when she enters her secondary school life. We want to instil in her that no matter how busy one is - we must make time for each other and for our family. We encourage lots of communication and DH and I try to cultivate some common interests with her.

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby beanbear » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:39 pm

As a mum with 4 kids, it's a constant daily question of who gets most of my attention. I use attention rather than amounts of time. I think kids like our UNDIVIDED attention when we totally listen to them & be fully present to them. On good days, when Im fully attentive to my kids, the activity cd b learning or conversations or playing a game, they can feel a deep emotional connection with me and I with them. Those moments r precious but easy because my mind is often preoccupied either with something that happened in the past or about something in future. Staying in the present moment is certainly a daily challenge for me and hence being mentally & emotionally present to my kids when I'm physically present with them is something I aim for.

The other intention I desire is to have one on one time with each kid. They really like that mummy or daddy or both just take them out and give them exclusive attention.

beanbear
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mychildren » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 pm

beanbear,

Agree with what you said, sometimes we are there with them physically but our mind is off somewhere. Children would very much like our heart to be there too! :lol:
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby davidwatson1 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:01 pm

In todays’ busy world, it’s difficult to devote much time to kids. But I and my husband try to spend quality time with our children. Even if we spend just a couple of hours each day, we ensure our children and we enjoy every minute of it.

davidwatson1
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Working With Your Child