4 yr old suddenly refuse to go FCC

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

4 yr old suddenly refuse to go FCC

Postby carilyn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:33 pm

My 4 yr old nephew has been attending CCC for 2 years. 2 mths back he was down with HFMD so did not go back till 3 weeks later. All along he was fine with going to the centre, but after the absence he has been crying and struggling whenever we bring him to the centre. It' s very stressful - it's coming to a month and he is still struggling everyday. The teachers are very nice people so I dun think the problem lies with them. He is a quiet boy but gets along well with his classmates. We have been observing outside the classroom and he normally calms down after half an hour or so and is always in happy mood when we pick him up in the evening. Every morning bringing him there is really nightmare. Anyone encounters this situation before?

carilyn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: 4 yr old suddenly refuse to go FCC

Postby verykiasumummy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 pm

my fren's dd cried every morning when she was switched to a different cc. they were at wits' ends too until 1 day, the daddy ask the dd why she kept crying... and the dd says, "because mummy never say goodbye to me and push me into the door..."

hahaha... i still find it hilarious everytime i thought of it...

young kids are very simple, sometimes they need things that u never thought u forget... things that are so unexpected,..

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PhoBIA » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:56 pm

During the period of HFMD, did your nephew get special attention at home? He could be having too good a time watching tv at home...

PhoBIA
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby carilyn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 pm

He has very bad ulcers all over his tongues and gums and did not speak for almost a week. He uses gestures to communicate with us and the skin has more dots than his younger bro who had it a week earlier. I dun think he enjoys much...too painful and so most time he plays quietly by himself...we basically played his favorite kiddy cartoons but other than that he did not get any special treatment except our constant consoling and pacifying when he is in pain.

carilyn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby buds » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:47 pm

verykiasumummy wrote:my fren's dd cried every morning when she was switched to a different cc. they were at wits' ends too until 1 day, the daddy ask the dd why she kept crying... and the dd says, "because mummy never say goodbye to me and push me into the door..."

hahaha... i still find it hilarious everytime i thought of it...

young kids are very simple, sometimes they need things that u never thought u forget... things that are so unexpected,..

Thanks for sharing this. Dunno why, reading the highlighted above tugged at my heart strings.. Mebbe cos soon I gotta go thru the same with my buds_chubs.. :skeptical:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carilyn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 pm

One day I asked him"do you want me to push in when you are crying loudly and leave immediately or you prefer to walk in yourself without crying and I stand outside and keep you company?". He choses the latter but the next day back to his crying and struggling...really breaks our heart to see him like....

carilyn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby triggerfish70 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:24 pm

We had exactly the same issue with our younger son. After some observations and sharing by other parents and grandparents of his classmates, we suspected it could be due to "homesick-ness".

He is very close to his elder brother and would always want his attention. Anyway, we try to coax him in attending school by "planning his activities" after his school dismissal ie allowing him to watch his favourite cartoons, playing etc -thus, allowing him to look forward each day upon his lessons.

I agree that it may be painful to see own child crying etc at the doorstep, but I guess as parents, we need to be firm (to some extent), it is all about learning - for all parties.

triggerfish70
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby PapayaDad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:38 pm

DS same. Was advised by teacher this is quite common after MC.

DS is fine after drop him off.

DS was happily playing and "not decided" want to go home or not at the end of the day.

But once at home and settle down, start moaning about going to childcare.

I think its a phase they go thru after MC.

PapayaDad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Working With Your Child