Sexual Predation -- Perspective from a father of boys

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Sexual Predation -- Perspective from a father of boys

Postby 3Boys » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:57 pm

I was reading with some concern about the increasing frequency of underaged sexual activity. Whilst I certainly believe that the majority of the predatory behaviour is exhibited by older men on vulnerable young girls (and therefore the laws are commensurate), and is reprehensible, I am also concerned by the increasing frequency of the less-than-naive young girls who in fact bait their young boyfriends/netfriends into having sex.

In this environment, I actually think there is a greater challenge in raising boys to be sexually 'aware' and cautious. Here I am talking about boys getting into puberty and late teens/early twenties. With girls, you can be fairly black and white, and I believe girls have intrinsically have less of an inclination to be physically intimate with a partner they do not care about. Whereas for boys, its a greater challenge to thread the eye of the needle. I.e. allow them to grow into their natural manhood instincts, yet set the right boundaries for behaviours.

My elder boy is in only K2, and already a female classmate has him wrapped around her pinky.... :roll:

Female of the species is more deadly than the male..... :lol:

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: Sexual Predation -- Perspective from a father of boys

Postby MLR » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:42 pm

3Boys wrote:Female of the species is more deadly than the male..... :lol:


Which makes us better mothers, cos you don't mess with mothers :D

Maybe you care to elaborate further about how the "female classmate has him wrapped around her pinky".... so that we can input some insights/experiences...

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:28 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Sexual Predation -- Perspective from a father of boys

Postby 3Boys » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 pm

MLR wrote:
3Boys wrote:Female of the species is more deadly than the male..... :lol:


Which makes us better mothers, cos you don't mess with mothers :D

Maybe you care to elaborate further about how the "female classmate has him wrapped around her pinky".... so that we can input some insights/experiences...


MLR,
its nothing very serious lah, just amusing to see that at such a young age, little crushes/infatuations, manipulations can occur.

This little girl he is friends with (she lives nearby and takes the same bus), he is always looking to ask her over for his birthday, wants to pop over to her condo, and when she called him smelly and 'don't want to be your friend', he came back sobbing from school.....

Stay away from my boys, all you evil girls :nunchuk: ........ :lol:

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Postby tankee » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:00 pm

you should be glad that he has taken a natural liking towards girls .....

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Postby schellen » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:07 pm

tonypang wrote:you should be glad that he has taken a natural liking towards girls .....


Ya lor, my 7yo DD dislikes boys cos she says that they are smelly, sweaty, dirty, rude, rough and don't treat girls nicely. So if she accepts any boys into her social circle, they must have "passed" her stringent requirements. :wink:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:09 pm

schellen wrote:So if she accepts any boys into her social circle, they have "passed" her stringent requirements. :wink:

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :wink:
does it mean my boy is very girly :| :|

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby 3Boys » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:12 pm

tonypang wrote:you should be glad that he has taken a natural liking towards girls .....


Indeed..........

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Postby schellen » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:29 pm

jedamum wrote:
schellen wrote:So if she accepts any boys into her social circle, they have "passed" her stringent requirements. :wink:

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :wink:
does it mean my boy is very girly :| :|


Hahahaha....I just knew you would pop by and say something, jedamum. :wink: No lah, he's just of better standard, more like a gentleman. 8) And she says that he is funny (as in has a sense of humour kinda funny, not the cuckoo kinda funny). So you see, from young, gals are already looking for humour in guys. :wink:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jedamum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:39 pm

schellen wrote:Hahahaha....I just knew you would pop by and say something, jedamum. :wink: No lah, he's just of better standard, more like a gentleman. 8) And she says that he is funny (as in has a sense of humour kinda funny, not the cuckoo kinda funny). So you see, from young, gals are already looking for humour in guys. :wink:

:rahrah: :rahrah:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby EN » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Hahahaha....I just knew you would pop by and say something, jedamum. No lah, he's just of better standard, more like a gentleman. And she says that he is funny (as in has a sense of humour kinda funny, not the cuckoo kinda funny). So you see, from young, gals are already looking for humour in guys.


I remember in another post that Sashimi was thinking that it's great to have future in law for his dd from KSP. Is Jedamum considered one of them? :wink:

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:06 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Working With Your Child