Criticism or Setback! Kids!

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

Criticism or Setback! Kids!

Postby hoo1688 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am

We may face some criticism or setback during our kids learning process!
But never give up!

I don’t teach or speak to DD (2007) in Chinese still I enroll her into the kindergarten (2011 - N2), after 6 months of her kindergarten, I tried to speak to DD in mandarin, DD told me: she don’t understand what I was talking about! she doesn’t like Chinese! :yikes:

I have no other better choice but to send DD for the Chinese tuition class (July 2011), DD speak to the Chinese teacher in English for the first few lessons, no homework for her tuition class, after 2 to 3 months, DD started to speak to her Chinese teacher and me in simple mandarin.

DD (2013 - K2 - 5yo) now prefers Chinese to English programs, i.e 喜羊羊 , 蜡笔小新, 鲁冰花…..

DD has found Chinese easy to learn and interesting, DD always likes to give me Chinese spelling! :torchme: or test me: 爸爸你知道这个字怎样拼嗎? 第几声? :?

DD has weekly Chinese spelling from the Chinese tuition class (2012 - 2013), I spent about 5 to 10 minus with her for the Chinese spelling daily, she did well in her Chinese. I have been using mandarin in our daily conversation with DD ever since.

:dancing:

hoo1688
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Criticism or Setback! Kids!

Postby gremlin_loh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 am

Very encouraged after reading your post. There is hope for my boys afterall! Thanks!

hoo1688 wrote:We may face some criticism or setback during our kids learning process!
But never give up!

I don’t teach or speak to DD (2007) in Chinese still I enroll her into the kindergarten (2011 - N2), after 6 months of her kindergarten, I tried to speak to DD in mandarin, DD told me: she don’t understand what I was talking about! she doesn’t like Chinese! :yikes:

I have no other better choice but to send DD for the Chinese tuition class (July 2011), DD speak to the Chinese teacher in English for the first few lessons, no homework for her tuition class, after 2 to 3 months, DD started to speak to her Chinese teacher and me in simple mandarin.

DD (2013 - K2 - 5yo) now prefers Chinese to English programs, i.e 喜羊羊 , 蜡笔小新, 鲁冰花…..

DD has found Chinese easy to learn and interesting, DD always likes to give me Chinese spelling! :torchme: or test me: 爸爸你知道这个字怎样拼嗎? 第几声? :?

DD has weekly Chinese spelling from the Chinese tuition class (2012 - 2013), I spent about 5 to 10 minus with her for the Chinese spelling daily, she did well in her Chinese. I have been using mandarin in our daily conversation with DD ever since.

gremlin_loh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Hiaweh » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Wow! Which kindergarden is this? Very impressed. M looking for a kindly to send my boy.

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hoo1688 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:01 pm

Hiaweh wrote:Wow! Which kindergarden is this? Very impressed. M looking for a kindly to send my boy.

PCF kindergarten, Punggol Central, but PCF do not teach HANYU PINYIN, very little homework, no Chinese spelling (听写) and very relaxing.

DD learned Chinese @
1. Rivervale CC (Punggol east), HANYU PINYIN (8 weeks).
2. Sengkang CC, P1 chinese (1 year).

hoo1688
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hoo1688 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 pm

gremlin_loh wrote:Very encouraged after reading your post. There is hope for my boys afterall! Thanks!

hoo1688 wrote:We may face some criticism or setback during our kids learning process!
But never give up!

Hi gremlin_loh,
thank for your comment. :salute:

You will be surprised one of these days, :yikes: your boy will give you Chinese 听写? To test your Chinese! :please:

hoo1688
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hoo1688 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 am

我们把孩子送到补习班的原因
· 目前的教育制度是成绩决定一切,决定学生的前途
· 希望能以最短时间完成课程
· 补习班提供实用的应试技巧
· 笔记精简而且包含学校教科书缺乏的重点
· 认为补习教师的教学方式比学校教师更佳或更“考试导向”
· 学校教师的教学质素参差
· 预测试题
· 羊群心理,“人有我有” :shrug:

hoo1688
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hoo1688 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Setback is a fact of our life.
Kids have difficulty moving on after a setback and start again, kids may choose to forget their dreams and goals, because of setback.

Kids tend to learn from parents, they may develop the same habit or giving up if something gets in the way or do not go according to their plan.

We need to teach our kids to deal with setbacks and failure, setting good examples, encouraging our kids when things don't work out, providing advice to keep going forward instead of backwards.

:xedfingers:

hoo1688
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hoo1688 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:37 pm

当孩子遇到挫折时,我们不应该批评和质疑孩子,应给予孩子关心和爱心,和孩子一起讨论,帮助他找出问题的根源和解决问题的方法,鼓励孩子跌倒時应该自己站起来,自己去解决。培养孩子独立的能力,让他强壮起来,不再是 “失败者”。

让孩子面对 “输或失败” 的考验,在生活中设置一些小难题,让孩子自己去处理,独自解决,如果成功了,很开心的赞扬他;如果失败了,告诉孩子失败乃是人生很常有的事,我们需要去面对失败的考验。总结失败的原因,争取下次做得更好,把失败的事变成一件成功的事。

在孩子想放弃的时候,鼓励他克服困难和挫折,向困难发起挑战,告诉孩子:“别担心,你很棒,你能够做好” 当孩子有战胜困难的经验后,他就会变得更自信和有勇气,激发起战胜困难的动力。

hoo1688
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Working With Your Child