show & tell session in preschool

Parental influence on children in the first 12 years of their lives have a permanent effect. Unfortunately, children come with no user manual. Each child is different from the other. Discuss how to handle emotional and educational needs of your child here.

show & tell session in preschool

Postby pianolesson86 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Any mummies here come across on your kids activities eg. show & tell session in preschool. is it compulsory??

pianolesson86
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: show & tell session in preschool

Postby sembgal » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:04 pm

The preschool teachers are exposing the children to Show and Tell experience which will be useful when the children move on to Primary 1. It helps a child to build up self-confidence. Strongly encourage your child to participate and you can get feedback from the teachers : )
Last edited by sembgal on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:05 pm

DS had always looked forward to show and tell during his pre-school days.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby ammonite » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 am

Isn't it a good thing to have? Do you have a shy kid who is very worried about it? One of my kids had no problem and enjoyed doing it. He didn't even prepare at home and would speak impromptu. Another one was petrified and tried all ways to avoid it. I realised later that I need to build his confidence through preparation and rehearsals at home - just a few minutes each time. I kept it short and manageable for him. I also worked with the teacher so that he was called upon to present.

Show and tell is compulsory in primary school and later on, they have to do project presentations in secondary schools etc. The sooner they get used to it the better for them. As long as they have a somewhat okay experience from the start they will be fine.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sundaymorning » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:21 am

ammonite wrote:Isn't it a good thing to have? Do you have a shy kid who is very worried about it? One of my kids had no problem and enjoyed doing it. He didn't even prepare at home and would speak impromptu. Another one was petrified and tried all ways to avoid it. I realised later that I need to build his confidence through preparation and rehearsals at home - just a few minutes each time. I kept it short and manageable for him. I also worked with the teacher so that he was called upon to present.

Show and tell is compulsory in primary school and later on, they have to do project presentations in secondary schools etc. The sooner they get used to it the better for them. As long as they have a somewhat okay experience from the start they will be fine.

Agree with ammonite, thats what i did too , i think its a good practice to build up kids confidence.

sundaymorning
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Working With Your Child